ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form with EEA ID card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ai20s
Newly Registered

MN1 form with EEA ID card

Post by ai20s » Mon May 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Dear All,

Has anybody had any experience applying for BC for a child using EEA ID card as a proof of identity and nationality? They say it explicitly clearly that you can use it for AN1 form but this info is not there in MN1 form guidance. Any advice highly appreciated.

Andre

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 form with EEA ID card

Post by CR001 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Is the child UK born?

Does the child have an EU passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 pm

> Is the child UK born?

No, the application is under section 3(1) as a part of family application

>Does the child have an EU passport?

Yes but the question is about substituting passport with EEA ID card for MN1 application. You can clearly do it for AN1 for but it is less clear for MN1.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Assuming the child also holds a DCPR, why not apply with the passport through NCS, you then get to keep all original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Dear All,

Just to update you on this. I decided to take a risk and applied for British nationality by post using EEA ID cards instead of passports for me (AN1) and my two children(2xMN1), and this application was successful. Therefore, there is no need to use NCS just to free up passports if you have EEA ID cards.

O'Donovan
Newly Registered
Cook Islands

Post by O'Donovan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Can I please kindly ask what other supporting documents have you attached to MN1 forms for your children?

I have applied recently, but registrar at NCS was not sure what should be included in applications under section 3(1) for EEA citizens.

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Apart from MN1 form, there was EEA ID card, birth certificate (with certified translation), DCPR and couple of printed out emails from his school as an evidence of where and what he is doing at the moment. We applied under 3(1) too.

O'Donovan
Newly Registered
Cook Islands

Post by O'Donovan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you. It is reassuring for me.

I attached:
birth certificate,
marriage certificate,
child's DCPR,
wife's DCPR,
child passport
cover letter explaining why I thought child fulfills criteria for registration under 3(1)
and of course my application was done at the same time.

But NCS staff were not sure if any additional proof of child residence in UK was required. I thought that having DCPR issued only year before was all that was needed.

Therefore after submitting all above through NCS I posted separately to HO most recent school report and letter from headteacher stating the attendance record. I did not get any acknowledgment of that being received by HO, but hopefully it has found its way to be connected to the rest of my application. Well, I'll see sooner or later...

On the side note instructions for MN1 could be a little clearer about what a caseworker is looking for - there is a lot of 'or' and 'either' in the required supporting evidence paragraph in the HO leaflet.

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am

Should be more than enough, and probability that your additional documents will be attached to the existing application is much higher than otherwise. They rarely acknowledge extra receipts, MN1 guidance is indeed very vague and can often be a source of unnecessary stress. Good luck with your application!