ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old HSMP - New EC under Tier 1?????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Old HSMP - New EC under Tier 1?????

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:51 am

Hi,
Its pretty confusing on these links below:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... lications/

At the bottom of page, Its written as "We are not taking applications from outside the United Kingdom at the moment, and will start by taking applications for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') from India first on 1 April 2008."

I have got HSMP approval letter in january, I am planning to apply for EC in march 1st week, what rules of EC apply on me, older or new ones..any difference in cost?
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:37 am

If I read the docs correctly, you can apply for EC through the new process if you're switching in country in a category that allows you to switch to Tier 1.. Basically it would apply to someone that has HSMP approval from in-country, but hasn't yet applied for EC..

Otherwise, if you're outside the UK, the old EC process still applies.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:39 am

Sorry, forgot to add.. If you already have your HSMP letter, the cost is still the same either way.

If you don't yet have your HSMP letter, or if you have a version that was already used to get EC (eg; if you're renewing HSMP like me), then you have to pay the higher fee.

vikt
Newly Registered

Post by vikt » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:48 am

http--www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk-sitecontent-documents-policyandlaw-statementsofchanges-2008-hc321.pdfview=Binary

check this out

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:49 pm

If I was apply under the HSMP scheme and obtain an approval letter, and if I postponed my EC application until Tier 1 became operational in my country, would I ultimately get 2 years initial stay (as per old HSMP scheme) or 3 years (as per new Tier 1 scheme)?

Or is this a question that can only be answered once the Tier 1 scheme goes live outside of the UK?

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:43 pm

I just realised that someone within the UK with a recent HSMP approval letter would apply for their EC / FLR under Tier 1 rules, and would be able to say whether the leave to remain is for 2 or 3 years???

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Replies got diverted a little...
My query is:
I applied for EC march, will be getting the results by month end.
In case processing carries along in April, would this be considered under Tier 1? DO i need to file new application? I mean everything new then?
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

sarascha
Newly Registered

Post by sarascha » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi,

I am also under the same confusion. I have HSMP approved letter, and waiting to apply for EC in April. In this context, can somebody reply what is the exact procedure?

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 pm

hi...this is to evade out any confusions out of your mind..
i have applied on 5 march my EC under old rules only. If you are based out of india and applying in march, old rules apply.
To verify it once again, please contact near by VFS centre.

good luck!