ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC - Letter for comparability

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit0277

NARIC - Letter for comparability

Post by amit0277 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 am

I have recently sent my document to NARIC. Does the letter of comparability mentions that the degree is taught in english and has acceptable english standard.

If the letter contains this information, do I still have to give IELTS exams?

Please share your experience.

Thanks
Amit

shah175

Re: NARIC - Letter for comparability

Post by shah175 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:20 pm

amit0277 wrote:I have recently sent my document to NARIC. Does the letter of comparability mentions that the degree is taught in english and has acceptable english standard.

If the letter contains this information, do I still have to give IELTS exams?

Please share your experience.

Thanks
Amit
No! it contain no such statement. You can also get the specimen from NARIC site. It only assures that the degree is comparable to the certain UK standard or not. You will have to get the certificate from your institution.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXX was a student of the XXXXX University in Bachelor of Commerce degree program from the year 1996 to1999.

He was awarded Bachelor of Commerce degree in the First Class division in the year April 1999 under Regd. No: XXXXX.

This is also to certify that Bachelor of Commerce is a degree program with the medium of instruction in English. Consequently all the three years were taught in English Language.

Registrar
xxxxxxxxxx

But still I m not sure that it will be acceptable or not, coz they accept letters from those insttutions which are in the accredated list. So better to go for IELTS!

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Hey Amit one more thing if u r from India so i think many Indian Universities have English medium and all they are recognized. I have seen so many Indians candidate applying with Letter from institution. so U better contact ur collegues to ask about your instituton.

asamdani
Newly Registered

Post by asamdani » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:30 pm

What if my university does not appear in the list of home office point calculator for english proficiency. Even though couple of months ago I prodcued certificate from UK NARIC confirming my degree is equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree. Also I hove got certificate from my University confirming the degree was taught in English.

I requested Home office team whether they would accept it, they said it would be acceptable. This was confirmed about six month ago.

Now since the rules getting changed very quickly, I need a little help to make sure that I am safe?

Regards

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 pm

asamdani wrote:What if my university does not appear in the list of home office point calculator for english proficiency. Even though couple of months ago I prodcued certificate from UK NARIC confirming my degree is equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree. Also I hove got certificate from my University confirming the degree was taught in English.

I requested Home office team whether they would accept it, they said it would be acceptable. This was confirmed about six month ago.

Now since the rules getting changed very quickly, I need a little help to make sure that I am safe?

Regards
As per HSMP 08/07 guideline it seems fine that syas The bachelor degree should be verified by NARIC and u must provide the letter from institution. so i think u r safe here. But anyways the degree shuold be a bachelor degree mind it. I request others to suggest here please.

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks shah. But I am bit confused over here. Workpermit.com mention that NARIC will confirm if the degree is taught in english.

"If the degree was earned in another country, information provided by UK NARIC can verify if the English-taught degree is acceptable enough to satisfy the English language requirement."

I too think IELTS is a safer bet.