ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent wife's immigration health surcharge - ILR husband

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anita84
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependent wife's immigration health surcharge - ILR husband

Post by Anita84 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 pm

My Tier 2 dependent visa expires on 4th Nov 2017.
Needs to apply for another 3 years to qualify for ILR.

My husband's Tier 2 visa expires on 4th Nov 2017 but he has ILR (Indefinite leave to remain) which expires on December 2024 and the Health surcharge comes £1500 including all his IlR time.
I only needed to apply for 3 years Tier 2 Dependant to qualify ILR. How can I just pay these 3 years alone?

In the online application, it doesn't specify a time period say up to 3 years time for Health surcharge payment. The application calculates the surcharge based on his visa validity than the time I wanted to apply. If we input his expiry as 4th Nov 2017 (Tier 2), it says £100 & if we input his expiry as 2024 (ILR), it calculates £1500.

Any assistance greatly received.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent wife's immigration health surcharge - ILR husband

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm

You must apply alone and not enter his details.

Alternatively, start again but pay the IHS directly on the IHS website and not as part of the application. See a members success (last post) in doing this in the link below.

uk-tier-1-general-visas/pbs-dependant-e ... 36654.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.