ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samyr

EEA2 ?

Post by Samyr » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Hello,
I'm asylum seeker whose case is exhausted, married to a polish lady last november registered in UK after being granted C.O.A. We applied for EEA1 & EEA2 together in DEC. Both received certificate for application. My wife received her registration card in JAN. I havent received my residence card yet.. Any advice pls.

Thank u all in wot u doing.

IMAGINATION IS MORE POWERFUL THAN KNOWLEDGE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:58 pm

What country are you from?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 ?

Post by thsths » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Samyr wrote:We applied for EEA1 & EEA2 together in DEC. Both received certificate for application. My wife received her registration card in JAN. I havent received my residence card yet.
I guess you have to wait. They have 6 months to process your application, and it seems they are determined to use the time. They have probably figure out that you did not have a legal status here, and they would love to refuse the application. However, from what you have written I do not see a reason they could use for that. So you just need to have some patience.

Tom

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:00 am

Thank you all.

Infact i received a letter today requesting my valid passport and my wife's passport,utility bills showing both names, most recent wages slip of my wife whos working and an employer's letter for my wife confirming she is currently exercising treaty rights. BUT THEY WROTE WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION WITHOUT A VALID PASSPORT.

Am an asylum seeker from Somalia Am in the UK since 31 MAY 2001. I was never issued with ARC CARD(REFUGEE ID CARD) I have no passport but have birth certificate. How can they ask me for a passport and they have my reference. They need these within 21 days. I have no lawyer. Please help guys ur most appreciated.
Thanks

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Samyr wrote:BUT THEY WROTE WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION WITHOUT A VALID PASSPORT.
That is not strictly true, there have been cases reported where the residence card was issued separately from the passport.

However, I would strongly recommend that you apply for a passport at the Somalian embassy. This will make the process much easier.

Tom

sms82
Newly Registered

Post by sms82 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:50 pm

thsths wrote:
Samyr wrote:BUT THEY WROTE WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION WITHOUT A VALID PASSPORT.
That is not strictly true, there have been cases reported where the residence card was issued separately from the passport.

However, I would strongly recommend that you apply for a passport at the Somalian embassy. This will make the process much easier.

Tom
The Somali embassy in London has been closed for years.

According to EU law they need to give you every opportunity to provide the information. You will probably need to arrange a meeting and speak to an immigration advisor. Provided your marriage is genuine you are entitled to the residence permit.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Hello,

Thanks. They asked for my wife's passport,bankstement,letter from employer,wage slips. From me my passport,utility bills having both names,wedding photos.
I do not have passport but do have birth certificate. Any suggestion?

Appreciate.

sms82
Newly Registered

Post by sms82 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Samyr wrote:Hello,

Thanks. They asked for my wife's passport,bankstement,letter from employer,wage slips. From me my passport,utility bills having both names,wedding photos.

Appreciate.
Yeah, absolutely, use your birth certificate. This is a bit of nonsense. If you are genuinely married and they do not doubt your identity then you should get the residence card.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Hello,

Thank u so much for ya help. Wish me luck buddy.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Samyr wrote:Thank u so much for ya help. Wish me luck buddy.
Don't worry, you will get your residence card - it is your right. But I wish that it is an easy process for you.

Tom

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Hello,

Today i received another letter from Liverpool requesting my wife's recent wage slips, documentary evidence that we been living together for 2 years before our marriage and insurance certificates completed with our joint address.

I do not have bills with our both names but my wife's for 2 yrs. But as after marriage we started having both names on bills. I do have letters from my local MP, Receipt & letters from Home Office addressed to my home address for the past 2 yrs. I do have copies of our affidavits sent to Home Office when they enquired to establish that the proposed marriage is genuine by the Home Office during COA application.

What insurance certificates are these?

Please kindly help me to sort things out so we can start our lives normal..

Thank you all for what you are doing to make lives simpler.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:04 pm

Samyr wrote:What insurance certificates are these?
You need to have health insurance. I assume you are registered with the NHS? That would be sufficient.

Tom

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

My wife has both private health insuarance and NHS. I am registered with a GP but have no paper work.

I tried to apply for NHS card but i have to hold NI number.

Thanks for your support.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Samyr wrote:My wife has both private health insuarance and NHS. I am registered with a GP but have no paper work.

I tried to apply for NHS card but i have to hold NI number.
That sounds odd. The NI number is only necessary to track your national insurance (i.e. state pension) contribution. It is not relevant for health insurance or any other aspect of the application. I think I left that field empty, and it did not hurt the application.

Tom

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Hello Tom,

I am going to send the bills,bank statements,rent receipts which are under my wife's name cos there of two yrs prior to Nov 2007, letters from my local MP under my name and address, letters from the Home Office for the past two years and a covering letter explaining.

I hope this time they will issue me with the Residence card. Wish me luck.

Thanks buddy

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Hello Tom,

I did call liverpool last week Tuesday enquiring about my application which is overdue. The person told me she will enquire and i will hear from them.

Saturday, i received a letter from Home Office stating they firstly apologise coz of many application and the necessity to request further documentation from yourself to support your application.
Secondly they confirm they received my further documentation and as a result we should now be in a position to make a decision on your application. " Your case will now be fully considered as a matter of urgency and we will be writing to you shortly with our decision.
Thank you for your patience in this matter."

DOes this sound positive? wish me luck buddies...All the best ya'll.

lezamalek
Newly Registered

EEA?

Post by lezamalek » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

Good luck Samyr,

Just wondering how long did it take for your COA to be granted?

Thanks

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Hello,
Imagine approx two years!! Always believe if u think you are some right with the laws. All the best.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:33 pm

thsths wrote:You need to have health insurance. I assume you are registered with the NHS? That would be sufficient.

Tom
Health insurance is not required if the EU citizen is working.

lezamalek
Newly Registered

Post by lezamalek » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:11 am

Imagine approx two years!! Always believe if u think you are some right with the laws. All the best
Hello,
Do you mean approx two years from the time you send the appication and the time you recieved the coa?

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:43 am

Hello,

Yes indeed. Applied end of Dec 2005 and granted Sept 2007. After Home Office was defeated in highcourt by the ruling.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:51 am

Hello Benifa,

Thank you for your concern. Anyway i managed to have my NHS card which i was already registered long time with my GP.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:57 am

Hello all,
Wot a lovely day!!! Thank God.

I gooooooooooooooooooooooot it. Thanks for everyone who advice and took my concerns.Especially THSTHS!!! Thanks Buddy!!!

Second, my res.card displays nationality currently unknown. Which travel document can i apply as its written ASL.2150.

A companied letter stating "you now have the right of permanent residence in the UK.

ALL THE BEST EVERY1. Be patient.

atenolol
Newly Registered

Post by atenolol » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:20 pm

Samyr wrote:Hello,

Appreciate.
What??? They actually asked for wedding photos???? And they asked for bills in joint names??? But they don't state those things on the application forms.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Hello,

Yes they do. Be prepared buddy