ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marseld17
Newly Registered
Albania

Travelling to France

Post by Marseld17 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 pm

I will be taking a train from Mannheim in Germany to Paris Gare de l'est. how long it will take to go through passport control once arriving there ?”

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling to France

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Marseld17 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 pm
I will be taking a train from Mannheim in Germany to Paris Gare de l'est. how long it will take to go through passport control once arriving there ?”
How on earth can anyone predict that? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Marseld17
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Marseld17 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:17 pm

I was just hopping to get an idea from people that have travelled that route .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Marseld17 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:17 pm
I was just hopping to get an idea from people that have travelled that route .
Surely this must vary depending on the number of passengers passing through passport control, and how many Border Control Officers there are on duty at the time. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Marseld17
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Marseld17 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Its the first time I take a train to paris gare de L'est. Thanks for your answer .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm

There is no passport control at any station within the Schengen zone. I was at Gare De L'est last tue/wed and never saw any.

Paris is awful now BTW, I hated it....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Marseld17
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Marseld17 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm
There is no passport control at any station within the Schengen zone. I was at Gare De L'est last tue/wed and never saw any.

I travelled from germany to strasbourg in france before and the passports were checked on the train but i thought there was the immigration clearence in gare de L'est and i want to be on time from my connection. Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Marseld17 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm

I travelled from germany to strasbourg in france before and the passports were checked on the train but i thought there was the immigration clearence in gare de L'est and i want to be on time from my connection. Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it .
I don't recall ever having my passport checked on the train, part from my Eurorailling as a student in 1984 when it was checked all the time!

And was checked at St Pancras for Eurostar 2012, honestly can't remember if I was at the other end. Return journey no memory at all, I'd been on the Belgian Abbey Ales.......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:31 am

Marseld17 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 pm
Germany and France are both part of the schengen area. There is no passport control in Paris.

Marseld17
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Marseld17 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 am

France has introduced temporary border controls thats i why there is.Thank you the info.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 am

Marseld17 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 am
France has introduced temporary border controls thats i why there is.Thank you the info.
You're correct that France has increased security (including passport checks) due to the heightened threat of terrorism.

I believe that from April 2017 French Border Control officers have been able to crosscheck all travellers documents with other databases, which includes the Schengen Information System.
(Casa, not CR001)

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Maybe there is a passport control in the train maybe not.
The border is not in Paris.