ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does this mean anything or not : "Awaiting a Decision"

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Does this mean anything or not : "Awaiting a Decision"

Post by SaJaRo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm anxiously awaiting approval on my FLR(M) visa extension. I am finding it hard to be patient! Esp as I have a trip to Australia booked for end of November.

Anyway, just a quick question: I submitted my online application on the 9th Sept. Since that date, the status has been "awaiting a decision". Is this just standard for online applications or does it indicate that the decision may be imminently decided?

I received receipt of application and biometrics letter on the 13th Sept and submitted bio's on the 14th. So it did seem very fast compared to other applications on the timeline threads. Here's hoping!!

Thanks and good luck to everyone here who is waiting.

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: "Awaiting a Decision"

Post by SaJaRo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Also, after being so careful with all the documents I submitted, I forgot to include a return envelope for my passport and other docs. What will happen? Should I try and send one now, or will they just be returned via standard post?

Ta!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Why didn't you apply in person for a same day decision, especially as you have upcoming travel plans?

FLR(M) postal can take a couple of months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Not that it's anyone's business but we didn't have another £500+ to spend on the application. The fees are already outrageous.

I am aware of how long it can take. I was just wondering whether the status "awaiting decision" was any indicator of how quickly the decision would be made. Maybe someone else here has experienced the same thing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

No it doesn't mean anything.

Will leave anyone else who feels like responding to offer any further advice given your fairly rude response to a perfectly innocent question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Well I guess we both consider each other rude then.

wasimkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wasimkhan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

We submitted my wife's FLR(m) application online on 17th Sept 2017, so not too long after yourself.
Also received the biometrics letter just a few days later like yourself and the online status check also says 'Awaiting a decision'.

The letter we got through the post says they will make a decision within 8 weeks so I'm not expecting it any sooner than that, although I wouldn't complain if it came sooner :)

Not sure if that answers your questions but thought I'd comment as we're both in a similar position.

Btw, when you track the status online, which reference number are you using?
Only the IHS no. seems to be recognised for us - the rest come back as not recognised.
I was a bit worried at first, but I'm guessing this is just an issue with their (new) tracking system.

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Does this mean anything or not : "Awaiting a Decision"

Post by SaJaRo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Thank you Wasimkham, yes that answers my question.

I have the same issue with the online tracker - it only takes the IHS number. I was worried too, so good to know you have the same issue! I'll stop worrying. :)