ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thinking about dropping my EUFam application!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan_Saf1
Newly Registered

Thinking about dropping my EUFam application!!!

Post by khan_Saf1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi All,

It has been a complete 1 Year and 8 months since I initially applied for Stamp 4.So far my application is under review since it got refused 6 months ago. There is no timeframe on when I should be hearing from them and I am not willing to waste more time on it.

I am thinking about enrolling in one of colleges' full time postgraduate programme.I came to Ireland on a study visa as well and completed my programme previously.
There is a third level graduate scheme which provides students on a study visa a maximum time of 24 months after completion of their postgraduate programme to work full time and to seek employment permit

I believe this might be a much better option to study full time for about a year and then jump into the job market and seek employment. However, there are some questions I am hoping my felllow friends will help me with here.

1- As mentioned above, the scheme is only for people on study visa. What are the chances that I will be able to obtain a study permit from within the state? (I had a friend who renewed his study visa 3 months after expiration of the first one)

2- Is there a possibility of employers in Ireland offering work permits? ( I myself applied for various positions for about 4-5 months but most employers aren't willing to offer one)

3 - Will GNIB be willing to offer me a study visa, considering I had applied for Stamp4 Eu Fam before withdrawing it ?

4- Would it be worth taking a risk and completing my Postgraduate without dropping my application. After completion, I could ask for the grant period of 24 months if my Stamp4 application is refused again?

I am hoping you guys could help me out on this issue here.

Many thanks in advance.