ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR - few questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krish_p

Tier 2 General to ILR - few questions

Post by krish_p » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife is working with the same company for last 7 years and going to apply ILR in coming weeks. I am PBS dependent from 2016 (first 2.5 years expires by 2018 October). My son born in UK and 2 years old now. So my questions are

1. Do we need to confirm each and every annual leave (paid leave) that she has taken from employer or just annual leave (paid leave) that she traveled outside the country (we have traveled outside the country twice (less than 28 days) during this 5 years of period.)

2. What type of visa we need to apply for our son with my wife's ILR application

3 . Do i need change my visa (PBS Dependent) when she applies for ILR?

4. What are documents we need to submit for my wife's maternity leave (she has taken maternity leave for 11 months)

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - few questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:09 pm

1. Do we need to confirm each and every annual leave (paid leave) that she has taken from employer or just annual leave (paid leave) that she traveled outside the country (we have traveled outside the country twice (less than 28 days) during this 5 years of period.)
All holiday and details of absence from the UK.
2. What type of visa we need to apply for our son with my wife's ILR application
Does your son not currently have a visa?? Do you plan on registering your son as British?
3 . Do i need change my visa (PBS Dependent) when she applies for ILR?
No.
4. What are documents we need to submit for my wife's maternity leave (she has taken maternity leave for 11 months)
Not sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krish_p

Post by krish_p » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Many thanks for quick reply,

My son does not have a visa and we would like to register our son as British.

Can we do that with my wife's ILR application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:20 pm

No you cannot. There is no 'same day' citizenship application process.

He can only apply for citizenship AFTER your wife has ILR and her BRP. Your son does not require a visa or ILR to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.