ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Withdrawn - What now?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Appeal Withdrawn - What now?

Post by tequilabird » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello,

So my husband's appeal went to court on Friday 22nd. When we got to the court, his case was first to be heard and the HO Presenting Officer withdrew the case.

The judge explained that there was no longer a decision for us to appeal against so the appeal would not be heard. What happens now? Is there a time frame in which the HO must issue a new decision? Is it likely that another refusal will be issued? Has anyone ever experienced this?

Tia x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appeal Withdrawn - What now?

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:33 pm

For anyone wanting the history of this case, see link below in the Family Immigration sub forum.

immigration-for-family-members/urgent-s ... 12-20.html

Appeal relates to SS route refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 am

Bumping this back up the page. Has anyone had an appeal withdrawn on the day of the hearing?

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 pm

I think most likely you have won the case. What are the reasons for it, only HO can tell. But keep us posted about your case.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:57 pm

gillacious_505 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 pm
I think most likely you have won the case. What are the reasons for it, only HO can tell. But keep us posted about your case.
I hope so, but I don't trust the HO with anything. Will keep you posted. Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation.

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 am

tequilabird wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:57 pm
gillacious_505 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 pm
I hope so, but I don't trust the HO with anything. Will keep you posted. Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation.

It is extremely odd for the presenting officer to do the same. Given the fact that your appeal was about about the SS refusal, it could be crucial.
Did the presenting offficer gave any reasons for withdrawal of the appeal. You are most likely to get the response within 4 weeks.

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:50 pm

tequilabird wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm
Hello,

So my husband's appeal went to court on Friday 22nd. When we got to the court, his case was first to be heard and the HO Presenting Officer withdrew the case.

The judge explained that there was no longer a decision for us to appeal against so the appeal would not be heard. What happens now? Is there a time frame in which the HO must issue a new decision? Is it likely that another refusal will be issued? Has anyone ever experienced this?

Tia x
Hi,
Is there any update on this whether the OP won the case?
Thanks