ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skay04
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Skay04 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Yes it matters on your employment letter you have to include an gross annual salary
Ish21 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm
Does it matter if your financial year doesnt add up to £18,600 but your 6months payslips do?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Skay04 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:46 pm
Yes it matters on your employment letter you have to include an gross annual salary
Ish21 wrote:
Does it matter if your financial year doesnt add up to £18,600 but your 6months payslips do?
Yes i have included it on my employment letter but when it shows the yearly financial year on the p60 it doesnt add up to £18,600 but all my 6 payslips meet the requirment so is that ok ?

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes that should be fine then
Ish21 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:17 pm
Skay04 wrote:
Ish21 wrote:
Yes i have included it on my employment letter but when it shows the yearly financial year on the p60 it doesnt add up to £18,600 but all my 6 payslips meet the requirment so is that ok ?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Skay04 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:00 pm
Yes that should be fine then
Ish21 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:17 pm
Skay04 wrote:
Ish21 wrote:
So its ok if the p60 is not showing £18,600 annual salary but payslips are??

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Going off on a slight tangent here...

As some of us have been waiting for over 6 months for a decision, what about our spouse's TB certificates (those that have had the tests done). The certificates are only valid for 6 months...

Can they travel to the UK, (if the certificate has expired), will they have to be re-tested before entry???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 pm

samkahn wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:51 pm
Going off on a slight tangent here...

As some of us have been waiting for over 6 months for a decision, what about our spouse's TB certificates (those that have had the tests done). The certificates are only valid for 6 months...

Can they travel to the UK, (if the certificate has expired), will they have to be re-tested before entry???
The airports have x-ray facilities for TB screening if it necessary to do it (free of charge too).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Good evening ladies and gents, hope all is well.

Just signing in to vent after a long week with still no progress. We are currently on 116 working days with still no update and will reach the end of 24 working weeks this coming Friday. The last update we received was the dreaded but increasingly more recurrent 'case not straightforward' email on 07 August. Had contacted our local MP prior to receiving the email but after a three weeks investigation, there was no help and no further result. Was told to get back to him after the 24-week mark so will be getting in touch this week. I would've thought that if her application was not straightforward they would've contacted either her or myself by now.

I'll be flying out once again to visit my wifey on Thursday, and I'm blessed to say I'll be with her for the entire month of October to celebrate our first anniversary (work have been very understanding of the situation and have allowed me to work extra hours and days in order to take longer periods off). It's mad to think we've been married a year and out of that year, we've spent a grand total of about 8 weeks together (if that). It catches me right in the feels from time to time but I won't let it get the better of us. Wifey is starting to lose hope and is adamant that her application will be rejected; all I can do is reassure her that we're gonna be okay. Our upcoming vacation should hopefully take her mind off of it!!

Another week down guys, stay positive and let's hope we start hearing some news in the new week ahead.

Take care.

:)

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am

Iv applied in may 2017 since the call i havent heard anything back its 96 working days today anybody know when i should be hearing back from them?

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:58 am

cnrlln wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 pm
Good evening ladies and gents, hope all is well.

Just signing in to vent after a long week with still no progress. We are currently on 116 working days with still no update and will reach the end of 24 working weeks this coming Friday. The last update we received was the dreaded but increasingly more recurrent 'case not straightforward' email on 07 August. Had contacted our local MP prior to receiving the email but after a three weeks investigation, there was no help and no further result. Was told to get back to him after the 24-week mark so will be getting in touch this week. I would've thought that if her application was not straightforward they would've contacted either her or myself by now.

I'll be flying out once again to visit my wifey on Thursday, and I'm blessed to say I'll be with her for the entire month of October to celebrate our first anniversary (work have been very understanding of the situation and have allowed me to work extra hours and days in order to take longer periods off). It's mad to think we've been married a year and out of that year, we've spent a grand total of about 8 weeks together (if that). It catches me right in the feels from time to time but I won't let it get the better of us. Wifey is starting to lose hope and is adamant that her application will be rejected; all I can do is reassure her that we're gonna be okay. Our upcoming vacation should hopefully take her mind off of it!!

Another week down guys, stay positive and let's hope we start hearing some news in the new week ahead.

Take care.

:)
Ah, this is the exact scenario with myself and it's reassuring to know I'm not alone in this.

Our 1st wedding anniversary is also in October and I'm in the middle or arranging leave so I can fly out to be with her but sadly not the whole month, instead just 4 nights.

Can I ask when did you apply and where from and if it was a standard or priority visa?

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Mu husband received call from home office on friday and his work place same day.
On saturday i got email from ukvi stating that my case has been escalated
My biometric was done on 5th may (priority service)

jm23
Newly Registered

Post by jm23 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi,

Called UKVI today and the guy said that a decision has been made on the application and we will get contacted soon, so hopefully not too long now, I submitted the application near the end on June so around 13 weeks have passed.

Lifeisadream
United Kingdom

Post by Lifeisadream » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Maham44 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm
Mu husband received call from home office on friday and his work place same day.
On saturday i got email from ukvi stating that my case has been escalated
My biometric was done on 5th may (priority service)
When did you escalate your case?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Ish21 wrote:
Yes ofcourse it does, 18600 is the thresh hold, as a yearly income as it should state this on your contract

abubakrkhan
Newly Registered

Post by abubakrkhan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:31 pm

jm23 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm
Hi,

Called UKVI today and the guy said that a decision has been made on the application and we will get contacted soon, so hopefully not too long now, I submitted the application near the end on June so around 13 weeks have passed.
Was it priority or non priority? I am still waiting for my application from lahore which i submitted 7th may.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:32 pm

M2sam wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm
Ish21 wrote:
Yes ofcourse it does, 18600 is the thresh hold, as a yearly income as it should state this on your contract
But my payslips are adding up to more than £18,600... but my source for the income of tax year is showing up as £14 nd something

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm

A miracle has happened!! just received below email from UKVI, without even contacting them.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.

Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.

We will contact you shortly to update you on what is happening

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Biometrics Ahmedabad : 06/01/17 Standard
Documents sent: 06/01 | Received - Sheffield: 09/01
Case Not Straight Forward Email: 31/03
Contacted MP: 19/06
31st October Email: 25/09
Unable to provide Timescale Email: 09/10

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 pm

vsab101 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm
A miracle has happened!! just received below email from UKVI, without even contacting them.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.

Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Hi vsab

Just now we also got same email. We will get decision before 31octber.i don't know they telling a truth or just joking.
What is u r timeline
I applied on 3march.
Any way a little hope arrive. Because our application is an decision making office.

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:03 pm

I escalated my case on 24th August

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Did you receive a case not straightfoward email

abubakrkhan
Newly Registered

Post by abubakrkhan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:06 pm

I got the same email as well! i guess its for everyone. I applied on 7th May.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind Regards,

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Ish21 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm
Did you receive a case not straightfoward email
Hi
Yes both hold and case not straight forward.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

bham wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 pm
vsab101 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind Regards,

Hi vsab

Just now we also got same email. We will get decision before 31octber.i don't know they telling a truth or just joking.
What is u r timeline
I applied on 3march.
Any way a little hope arrive. Because our application is an decision making office.

Hi,
i will check with my solicitor tomorrow. anyway at least this is a good news. and I applied 30th march, and get not straightforward 23rd june. so think my case similar with urs.

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm

denghao3 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm
bham wrote:
vsab101 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind Regards,

Hi vsab

What is u r timeline
I applied on 3march.

Hi,
i will check with my solicitor tomorrow. anyway at least this is a good news. and I applied 30th march, and get not straightforward 23rd june. so think my case similar with urs.
I never got mail that my case is not straight forward but I also got the same mail today

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:13 pm

abhachandel wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm
denghao3 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm
bham wrote:
vsab101 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi vsab

What is u r timeline
I applied on 3march.

Hi,
I never got mail that my case is not straight forward but I also got the same mail today
Hi
What is u r timeline when u applied

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 pm

bham wrote:
vsab101 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind Regards,

Hi vsab

What is u r timeline
I applied on 3march.
Applied on 6th Jan 2016, (Ahmedabad, India). Received not straight forward email on 31st March .
Lets hope that this isn't a joke.
TBH this is actually the first time they have given us a time frame. In the past they have always told us "soon" "be patient" "unable to give you the exact date" etc etc..
Biometrics Ahmedabad : 06/01/17 Standard
Documents sent: 06/01 | Received - Sheffield: 09/01
Case Not Straight Forward Email: 31/03
Contacted MP: 19/06
31st October Email: 25/09
Unable to provide Timescale Email: 09/10