ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

big problem need advise please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jed10
Newly Registered

big problem need advise please

Post by jed10 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:17 pm

hi all,iam a non-eu entered illegaly to the uk in 2000, iam living with my partner who is from france and we have a 6 months old daughter ,on her birth certificate we(my partner and i) both mentioned our parental responsability towards our newborn baby who got a french passport now with my family name, iam seriously worried now because of this new laws,as we cant get married in the uk, is there any chance to get leave to remain according to my situation fact that i need access to my child without having to go back to my country
thank you very much

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:12 pm

I think u will have to return home and apply if u r illegal now.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Adam09
Newly Registered

Post by Adam09 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:I think u will have to return home and apply if u r illegal now.
Hi Wander,

Could you please stp sending people back home as you are only giving wrong advice to people like me and others.

The guy coud get married but he has to go to Irland, as my illegal friend did.

Adam09
Newly Registered

Re: big problem need advise please

Post by Adam09 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:37 pm

jed10 wrote:hi all,iam a non-eu entered illegaly to the uk in 2000, iam living with my partner who is from france and we have a 6 months old daughter ,on her birth certificate we(my partner and i) both mentioned our parental responsability towards our newborn baby who got a french passport now with my family name, iam seriously worried now because of this new laws,as we cant get married in the uk, is there any chance to get leave to remain according to my situation fact that i need access to my child without having to go back to my country
thank you very much
I will ask my mate for you and come back to you with an answer, he just got married to an EEA member and he was living here with no paper and entered the UK with n o visa..

See u later
Last edited by Adam09 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:39 pm

Yawn...

jed10
Newly Registered

thanx all

Post by jed10 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:50 pm

how about the right to be with my child as we will now ask for a british passport for her

JAJ
Australia

Re: thanx all

Post by JAJ » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:51 pm

jed10 wrote:how about the right to be with my child as we will now ask for a british passport for her
Is she a British citizen, though?

How long has your French partner lived in the U.K.?

jed10
Newly Registered

Post by jed10 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:57 pm

my partner is french ,lived here for 2,5 years my daughter was born here
we`ve been told that if my partner get the residency we can get a british passport for my child

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:06 pm

AIUI because you have no status in UK any EEA application will effectively use UK rules and as such sneaking off to Ireland and attempting to subvert the immigration rules will maybe construed as deception and we all know the situation there.

AIUI

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: big problem need advise please

Post by thsths » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:07 pm

jed10 wrote:hi all,iam a non-eu entered illegaly to the uk in 2000, iam living with my partner who is from france and we have a 6 months old daughter ,on her birth certificate we(my partner and i) both mentioned our parental responsability towards our newborn baby who got a french passport now with my family name, iam seriously worried now because of this new laws,as we cant get married in the uk, is there any chance to get leave to remain according to my situation fact that i need access to my child without having to go back to my country
You can apply under European law using from EEA2 as an unmarried partner. Usually you have to prove 2 years of cohabitation, but I guess raising a child together shows even more commitment. Now you have already spotted your problem: because you are not married, you are classified as an "extended family member". The recognition is subject to discretion, and the Home Office may decide to refuse the application because you have no legal status. So this could be a lengthy legal battle, although I think your chances of success are quite high.

Alternatively you could get married in the Church of England. The Home Office may still try to refuse your application, but the ECJ has made it very clear that there are not further preconditions for family members. In either case you would be safe until the legal proceedings have come to a conclusion.

You could also go back to your home country and apply for a fiance visa, as Wanderer recommend. If you apply before the end of the month, you should (in theory) get the visa. However, if you miss the deadline, you would be banned for a year. And the longer you are separated, the weaker your case gets. So again, possession is nine tenth of the law, and therefore I would recommend to stay and fight here. (Honestly, I just do not understand this ban. It just seems to punish everybody for what used to be the right thing to do.)

Tom

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:08 pm

jed10 wrote:my partner is french ,lived here for 2,5 years my daughter was born here
we`ve been told that if my partner get the residency we can get a british passport for my child
Your partner won't get residence for another 2.5 years (5 years in total).

Hence the child is not a British citizen. Child can be registered as British as soon as your partner becomes a permanent resident.

jed10
Newly Registered

Post by jed10 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:25 pm

5 years to get residency ? even for a french national?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:30 pm

jed10 wrote:5 years to get residency ? even for a french national?
Permanent residence, yes.

jed10
Newly Registered

Post by jed10 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:41 pm

thanx jaj ok so in this case is there any possibilities to get legal then
cheers