ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spuse VISA from India ( Self Employed)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kuts

UK NAARIC for Spouse Visa

Post by kuts » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello All,

I am on the process of applying for a settlement VIsa for my wife from Chennai and I need to know that is it my wife has to create a Login in UK NAARIC site and apply for the English Assessment or can I apply from with in UK on behalf of her and receive the certificate in UK.

Thanks

sndp
Newly Registered

Re: UK NAARIC for Spouse Visa

Post by sndp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:36 pm

You can do it yourself on behalf of your wife and get it delivered to UK. I did exactly this. But do make sure you give the candidate's details correctly in respective columns.
Tip: If you get the certificate directly delivered to India, it is cheaper by £30 as VAT is not charged for foreign delivery (overseas postage is £8, local is £3).

kuts

Post by kuts » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:49 am

Thanks for Information sndp..

But if I do it on behalf of my wife in UK then do I need to send this NAARIC certificate to Sheffield along with my application or my wife has to carry this when she goes for the Interview in Chennai based on this I can make a decision.

sndp
Newly Registered

Post by sndp » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 am

During the VFS appointment in Chennai, they will only collect your wife's passport and her biometrics. Everything else, including the application form that she will take to vfs, will be returned (she just needs to take her passport, signed application form, vfs appointment letter to the appointment).
I got the UK NARIC cert delivered to India because my wife's other documents were anyway in india (such as TB cert, university degree, medium of instruction letter from uni). She couriered all her docs to me (in UK) along with UK NARIC , which i then collated with the other sponsor documents here and posted to Sheffield.
Since those documents will have to be couriered anyways, why not save the 30£ on VAT!

kuts

Post by kuts » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks Sandeep thanks for the Information..

kuts

Self Employed - Ongoing Employment (Spouse Visa)

Post by kuts » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello All,

I am self employed Director of a Ltd Company and I am about to launch my wife's visa from Chennai and I have a question regarding the Ongoing employment.
for the past one year I was not in any contracts through my ltd company but I still take a salary and Dividends for the last one year (i,e Company tax year) and I met the 18600 threshold through my salary and dividends.
Would this be an issue if you're not in a contract or having an ongoing employment or still can I show the salary and dividend to meet the financial requirements. Please advise.

Thanks

frazy325

Re: Self Employed - Ongoing Employment (Spouse Visa)

Post by frazy325 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 am

I don't think there is such a requirement for self employed to show contract. If you are paying yourself dividend and salary that should be enough as on going income.

Reason being - there is no requirement to submit any contracts or invoices if you are working as limited company. However, monthly salary and dividends should be paid and match with bank statement.

kuts

Post by kuts » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

Thank you frazy325 but I am just confused when I read the Financial Requirement SE, please confirm if that is mandatory.. I understand there is no need to send any contract but here it say ongoing payment?

Please clarify also I would like to if there is a Priority settlement visa option from Chennai.

9.8. Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK – specified evidence.

(e) Evidence of ongoing employment as a director or other employee of the company or of ongoing dividend income from the company. This evidence may include payslips (or dividend vouchers) and personal bank statements showing that, in the period since the latest 12-month period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600, the person’s salary (or dividend income from the company) as a director or employee of the company (or both), was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly. Alternative evidence may include evidence of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums or employer National Insurance contributions in relation to the company.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 pm

The statement below is alternative not necessary. If you not showing payslips and dividends. You can also show company insurance premium taken by your company such as public liability, professional indemnity if you have any or any national insurance contribution if u paid any.

if you have both you can submit all of the evidences.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about priority from Chennai. All I know it does not guarantee anything that visa process will be quick.

kuts

Post by kuts » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks Frazy

Just to reiterate that I am gonna produce only the payslips and dividends vouchers as you mentioned that should suffice since I Don’t have any insurance for my ltd company since I was out of contract for an year.

This might be a silly question sorry in my case do I have to submit the banks statements,payslips,dividend vouchers for the last completed tax year or company tax year and meeting the 18600 shoulda be for the tax year or company tax year.

Thanks Frazy again

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 am

When is your company tax year expired? let me know I will send you the whole list of Documents needed for previous and on going employment.

kuts

Post by kuts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 am

Hello Frazy I didn't get you what you said can you please clarify...

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:12 am

I am asking when does your Ltd Company tax year over as per company house and HMRC?

For the period of your company tax year you have to submit
12 month Personal Bank statements
12 month Business Bank statements
Annual Accounts
Chartered Accountant letter confirming accounts
12 month Payslips and P60 if issued
12 month Dividend vouchers
CT600 and electronic submission receipt or letter from HMRC
Company registration proof
Companies house current appointment report
VAT Registration or Original proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number. This evidence may be in the form of a certified copy of the documentation issued by HMRC.

For on going Employment
Payslips not covered by your company tax return period
Dividend vouchers not covered by your company tax return period
Personal bank statement
Also, Important SA302 from HMRC for April 2017 to show you have earned the income in last year.

All the Proof should relate to each other. Let me know if you stuck. cheers

All this information is in Appendix FM1.7 section 9.8. Have a look u will get the format as well.

kuts

Post by kuts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

Hello Frazy,

Thanks for replying much appreciated...
My company tax rerun was finished by sept 30th 2017..

Can you please clarify this mate... what you mean by Payslips / Dividend not covered by company tax return period.

For on going Employment
Payslips not covered by your company tax return period
Dividend vouchers not covered by your company tax return period
Personal bank statement
Also, Important SA302 from HMRC for April 2017 to show you have earned the income in last year.

Thanks your help is much appreciated...

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:01 pm

That means Dividend voucher or any pay u take in October is not covered by company tax year.
Because your company tax year covers payslips and dividend vouchers from August 2016 to September 2017.
Make sure u submit tax return before making an application.

So in total u have to submit Payslips and dividend from August 2016 till October 2017 if u applying this month.

kuts

Post by kuts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks Frazy, I got it in my case it runs from October 2016 - Sept 2017. so I will be submitting the payslip and Dividend during this periods and I have asked my accountant to submit the company tax return as well so waiting for that to be completed.

SO all the Payslips and Dividends will be for the Company tax year not the Financial year right..

Do I need to provide any sort of sponsor letter or a letter explaining my relationship with wife is that mandatory...?
I just have all the required Documents as mentioned by you but I am trying to approach a solicitor for the submitting application still its expensive to go through the solicitor and can you suggest me on this is it worth going through the solicitor and only pending thing is sponsor letter or a letter explaining my relationship.
Please advise.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:10 pm

I Would not recommend to apply through solicitor but get another on your documents from a solicitor. I think they normally charge £100 for application check.

Yes, it is worth explaining about the relationship or any problem u think ECO might have in ure Application.

Sorry, I did not realise you have different financial year and accounting period. Normally It is same.

In the Appendix Fm1.7 it says:
Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgement from HMRC.

As per Appendix you have to submit for the financial year.

kuts

Post by kuts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks Frazy your help is much appreciated...and just o confirm I have all these Documents with me now.. let me know you thoughts if there is anything missing or unnecessary.

Applicant From India - Chennai
Cover letter/table of contents
Receipt for priority settlement service
Biometrics confirmation sheet
VFS return shipping and shipping envelope
IHS receipt and number and application payment receipt
Online application
VAF4A-Appendix 2
Applicant’s current passport
Applicant’s previous passports
2 current passport sized photos of Applicant (both were returned, they used the biometrics picture)

Financial Documents for Self-Employment Category F - Director of Ltd Company
CT600 covering limited company’s last financial year
CT620 from HMRC acknowledging receipt of CT600
Internet return accepted for client B360
Certificate of confirmation from certified accountant for accounts- cover letter from your accountant stating that they have prepared the accounts and they are accurate to the best of their knowledge.
Company accounts covering same period as CT600
Dividend vouchers covering same period as CT600
Payslips covering same period as CT600
Remittances and invoices covering same period as CT600*
Business bank statements covering same period as CT600
Personal bank statements covering same period as CT600
Certificate of incorporation (proof of registration with Companies House)
Current appointment report from Companies House- A company’s appointment report is just a record of appointments made within the company
Original payment booklet as proof of registration with HMRC, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number
Sponsor’s last P60 – (2016-17)
Payslips and personal bank statements covering the period since the last financial year as proof of ongoing employment
Limited company’s current purchase order as additional proof of ongoing employment*

Accommodation
Letter from landlord confirming and granting permission for the applicant to reside at the address
Email from landlord confirming change of tenancy to statutory periodic tenancy* - not sure about this
Sponsor’s last council tax statement
Sponsor’s last tenancy agreement

Evidence of Relationship
Marriage certificate
Photos of applicant and sponsor together.
Skype chat messages ( 9 covering almost 1500 Pages)
email, phone call logs.
Boarding passes for visits between Applicant and Sponsor

Sponsor
Sponsor’s letter of support
Certified colour photocopy of Sponsor’s passport

Thanks

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 pm

No worries. All looks good.

You have to certify ure passport copy from solicitor. Also get a copy of entry exit stamp pages when you visited the applicant.

Other thing is SA302 for April 2016/2017 because it includes ure dividend and pay overall details.

kuts

Post by kuts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank you frazy....

Thank you so much for your time much appreciated..

kuts

Post by kuts » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:46 am

Hello Frazy,

Sorry I would like to clarify one more thing.
We Discussed that earning salary and Dividend and meeting the threshold would suffice the Financial Requirement.
As I mentioned earlier that I have not been doing any trading over the past one year and in my current company accounts that will be reported as loss but still I satisfy the 18600 threshold through salary and Dividends during my company tax year.

Please confirm would that be an issue if we reported a loss in company accounts..

kuts

Cash savings - Spouse VIsa

Post by kuts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Hello,

I am self employed director of ltd company and I am British passport holder I have not been contracting for a year and looking out for new contract at the moment since I need to show ongoing employment during my application I have now decided to go through cash savings route.

Option 1

I have a Purchased a land on my name in 2007 back in India which will go for a sale of equivalent 30000 pounds currently( I am planning to sell this)
+
I have a bank savings of 30,000 rupees in India Called ( NRI - Non resident Indian ) bank account.

Option - 2
I have a bank savings of 30,000 rupees in India Called ( NRI - Non resident Indian ) bank account.
+
Cash savings of my wife's Banks account equivalent to 30000 pounds in India.

Can you guys please suggest which option would be better if I decided through cash savings route..

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cash savings - Spouse VIsa

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:52 pm

You need at least £62500 cash saving be possessed from at least 6 months. Try to find new job yielding at least £18600.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kuts

Re: Cash savings - Spouse VIsa

Post by kuts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks Seagul..

I am still looking out for new roles.. but I am able to secure a new contract then I can apply fir the Visa immediately.
If I get a permanent role then I need to wait for another 6 months to launch the application..

I thought of Cash savings route that why I need some inputs on the options the reason through the sale of a property you can overcome the six months period so that I can apply immediately for the Visa.

kuts

Spuse VISA from India ( Self Employed)

Post by kuts » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello All,

I am self employed holding British Passport and my wife is about to apply for the spouse visa from Chennai India. I have few queries below can some one please advice.

Q1 - Should my wife carry the VAF4A Appendix2 form during her appointment in Chennai VFS or Should I send it along with other supporting documents to Sheffield?

Q2 - In VAF4A form Page no 10 Question 3.61 Additional Source of Income.
Amount of income in the Last financial Year if self employed ( Before Tax).
Does the above refers to the Company financial year or the Tax year from April to April.

Q3 - In VAF4A form Page no 9

3.58 Category F

i) How much income did your sponsor earn (before tax) from self employment in the last full financial year? - Does this mean Company Financial Year or Tax year.

ii) Does your sponsor’s self employment earnings (before tax) in the last full financial year meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Yes OR No
If ‘Yes’ go to Part 3D ---

We are trying to show the combination of self employment Income (Category F-salary from Ltd Company) and Non employment Income ( Category C-Dividend from Ltd Company) the above question (ii) says does your sponsor self employment earning meet or exceed the financial requirement in our case the self employment Income ( salary) does not meet the full financial requirement but if we combine the Non employment income ( Dividend) then we meet the threshold of 18600 so in the above question it will be 'NO' for us but in the form they have mentioned if its a 'YES' then move on to part 3D which is income from non employment sources. If so we will not be able to show our combination of income to meet the financial requirement.

Finally does the pay slip and Dividend vouchers needs to be based on the last completed company tax year or financial year from April to March..

Thanks