ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my spouse visa get refused?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angcag
Newly Registered

Will my spouse visa get refused?

Post by angcag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:03 am

Hi, was wondering if anyone has been in the same or similar situation and would greatly appreciate if you could share what's happened after to your situation. Did you get your visa application refused or something?

My spouse visa application is now nearing 11 weeks since submission, but it occurred to me very recently that on question 38 of the form which reads HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, EXCLUDING THE UK, IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?, I forgot to include in the list my two short 96-hour transit visas to the UAE (one in 2014 and another just this year!). I was in transit and actual time in Dubai for each transit was less than 24 hours. Also, as additional info to above, my old and current passports which I submitted along with my application have stamps showing my entry and exit under these two short transit visas to Dubai. All pages with stamps of these passports were scanned for sending of these scanned files to Sheffield along with all my other supporting documents on date of scanning.

And also I realised before the above that I answered another question in the form incompletely because I forgot to list down India where I had a visa stamped on arrival and Singapore where I had visit pass stamped on arrival to question 25 which reads HAVE YOU BEEN ISSUED ANY VISA FOR THE UK, UK OVERSEAS TERRITORIES OR COMMONWEALTH COUNTRY IN THE LAST 10 YEARS? Naturally, my answer to this is Yes and proceeded to list down all the visas issued to me by the UK. I know Singapore and India are commonwealth countries and I could literally kick myself for missing to list these two countries. If it's gonna make a difference though, I want to say I listed down these two countries Singapore and India as I answered Yes to question 38 HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, EXCLUDING THE UK, IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.

Would I get my spouse visa application refused? I know these are bad and daft miss and it's been worrying me a lot. And I also understand that's it's just a case now of waiting for the decision. But I would be grateful for anyone who could share their thoughts or their similar experience. Many thanks.

sndp
Newly Registered

Re: Will my spouse visa get refused?

Post by sndp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Though not in her most recent application, my wife had missed entering her UAE transit entries in her previous visa application (and passport had UAE stamps). Visa was granted, no issues.

My guess is that such minor innocuous mistakes are overlooked by HO as long as they don't appear to be applicant's deliberate attempt to conceal.

angcag
Newly Registered

Re: Will my spouse visa get refused?

Post by angcag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:19 am

sndp wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:47 pm
Though not in her most recent application, my wife had missed entering her UAE transit entries in her previous visa application (and passport had UAE stamps). Visa was granted, no issues.

My guess is that such minor innocuous mistakes are overlooked by HO as long as they don't appear to be applicant's deliberate attempt to conceal.
Thanks so much for responding sndp, much appreciated! :)