ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation of country to live after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Confirmation of country to live after naturalisation

Post by rmahtani » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi again

I have received a letter from the HO asking the following:

"Confirmation of which country the applicant will live in if the application for BC is successful"

I am obviously intending to keep living here (that's why I'm applying). I have a job and my son was born in the UK. He has both Spanish and British passports. I have a Spanish passport and an Indian OCI, although I have only been to India a couple of times in my life. My family and my in-laws are both in Spain.

They ask for original documents, but what do you think would be acceptable? I was thinking on sending a copy of my contract of employment, stating that I am based in London. My husband also has a mortgage on our flat, so I was thinking I could mention this in the cover letter.

I don't know. Would the combo job in London (not remote or anything like it) + British son + mortgage (although not joint) be enough?

Thanks for your help

gammavega
Poland

Re: Confirmation of country to live after naturalisation

Post by gammavega » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm

did miss this info in your application? to me it sounds like you left this box blank and they need you to simply answer the question.

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Post by rmahtani » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Baby brain! I thought I had filled that section but maybe you're right. I have sent them an email to confirm anyway. Hopefully they will reply before the deadline!

gammavega
Poland

Post by gammavega » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:20 pm

To cover your back you could just send them a letter saying blah blah blah with regards to Section x.x I confirm that ......
If this is not sufficient they'll ask you for a proof. At least you'll have responded.

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Post by rmahtani » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you! I have drafted a letter with a few points, including what I mentioned earlier and my electoral roll registration. Hopefully that should do. Two of my company's directors acted as my referees so that should also be enough proof that I want to keep working there!