ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP NEEDED!! Called for an interview over Tier 2 application from India.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ravi1981
India

HELP NEEDED!! Called for an interview over Tier 2 application from India.

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am

I Applied for Tier 2 General visa from ahmedabad india on 18th September. Today I got a call from UK high commission asking me to be present for an interview over my application at vfs Ahmedabad.
I tried to look for same over this forum but didn't find any such thing. Hence I am concerned whether it only me asked for this or is it normal to be called for an interview.
I am concerned about what should I be prepared with for the interview?
What questions do they ask?
Also what should I carry along with me if ever they asked for any documents regarding my application?

If any one can please help me out here. I would really appreciate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP NEEDED!! Called for an interview over Tier 2 application from India.

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 am

HO is clearly questioning the 'genuineness' of the vacancy, if your previous post in the link below is anything to go by.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/rcos ... l#p1503082

With no real history posted by yourself other than RCoS updates, impossible for anyone to offer advice. But yes, interviews for Tier 2 General are rare.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 am
HO is clearly questioning the 'genuineness' of the vacancy, if your previous post in the link below is anything to go by.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/rcos ... l#p1503082

With no real history posted by yourself other than RCoS updates, impossible for anyone to offer advice. But yes, interviews for Tier 2 General are rare.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Yes it did got rejected earlier. But after that my company carried out entirely new RLMT by posting a new add and was issued with RCOS straightaway without any query this time.
By the way, I also received a new email from British High Commission just a moment before requesting me to send the details of the job posted as my sponsor mentioned and that I was the best suitable candidate. (bit surprised as they are asking me to provide this details)
I already forward the same to my company HR, requesting them to send me the details soon.

But I am still confused over what exactly they could ask in an interview. What should I be prepared for?
Is there any one who has been through this situation.
I am getting a bit nervous about this.

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Also what are the chances of ukvi keeping the record of rejected or canceled RCOS applications?
Just incase if they ever asked me what should be my response?

Requesting you to guide me if possible...
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:05 pm

HO keep a record of everything that has your name attached to it. They will see your full history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:05 pm
HO keep a record of everything that has your name attached to it. They will see your full history.
Thanks once again for cleaning my doubts.

I would like to share my entire scenario hoping it helps clearing my doubts.
The company sponcering me is owned by a friend of my father. Its an A rated public LTD company.
They applied for RCoS and got rejected once in April stating low on income. So they re applied on same RLMT but missed out the query sent by HO and got rejected aswell after showing pending for 2 months.
Now again they went through RLMT but this time they asked me that, we will post a vacancy and I need to apply through the same. (this was the route suggested to me which I did). As mentioned it was all cleared without any query.

The reason, me being very concerned about my previous question is I do have all the email conversation and records with HR for the later RCOS application made, but not for the previous one.

How should I present them about the same in interview? Company do have screenshots of ad posted which the will send me now.
But what about the later part they want to know as to how was I chosen for this post?

I would really appreciate for any suggestions of yours on this.

Thanks once again...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Was this position specifically created for you?

What is your full UK immigration history (if any)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:13 pm
Was this position specifically created for you?

What is your full UK immigration history (if any)?
Yes it was but company do have record of RLMT as mentioned.
I had been to UK back in 2009-11 for my Masters on student visa. After completion of which I returned back.
The company agreed to offer me a job on basis of my Education and experience I gained in my home country. I have mentioned same in my application aswell.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:26 pm

What is the SOC code and job title?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:29 pm

SOC 1161, Cargo and courier Import Manager.
My Education is masters in international business management, and my experience is of Project Manager Head.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Ravi1981 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:29 pm
SOC 1611, Cargo and courier Import Manager.
My Education is masters in international business management, and my experience is of Project Manager Head.
In what industry??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:34 pm
Ravi1981 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:29 pm
SOC 1611, Cargo and courier Import Manager.
In what industry??
In infrastrecture development company. Managing the entire business on behalf of my company.

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:47 pm

I really appreciate of you taking keen intrest for my queries..

Thanks once again..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:03 pm

So offered a job in a completely different industry, correct? To be honest, I find it very hard to believe that there is not one single settled worker or BC/EU citizen that can do a Cargo and courier Import Manager that could do the job.
1161 Managers and directors in transport and distribution
Example job tasks
• plans the optimum utilisation of staff and operating equipment, and co-ordinates maintenance activities to ensure least possible disruption to services;
• examines traffic reports, load patterns, traffic receipts and other data and revises transport services or freight rates accordingly;
• directs the movement, handling and storage of freight in transit, and reviews space utilisation, staffing and distribution expenditure to determine future distribution policies;
• ensures that regulations regarding hours of work, the licensing of crews and transport equipment, the operational safety and efficiency of equipment, the insurance of vehicles and other statutory regulations are complied with;
• ensures that harbour channels and berths are maintained and liaises with ship owners, crew, customs officials, dock and harbour staff to arrange entry, berthing and servicing of ships;
• supervises day-to-day activities in a railway station;
• arranges for maintenance of airport runways and buildings, liaises with fuel and catering crews to ensure adequate supplies and resolves any complaints and problems raised by airport users.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:03 pm
So offered a job in a completely different industry, correct? To be honest, I find it very hard to believe that there is not one single settled worker or BC/EU citizen that can do a Cargo and courier Import Manager that could do the job.
1161 Managers and directors in transport and distribution
Example job tasks
• plans the optimum utilisation of staff and operating equipment, and co-ordinates maintenance activities to ensure least possible disruption to services;
• examines traffic reports, load patterns, traffic receipts and other data and revises transport services or freight rates accordingly;
• directs the movement, handling and storage of freight in transit, and reviews space utilisation, staffing and distribution expenditure to determine future distribution policies;
• ensures that regulations regarding hours of work, the licensing of crews and transport equipment, the operational safety and efficiency of equipment, the insurance of vehicles and other statutory regulations are complied with;
• ensures that harbour channels and berths are maintained and liaises with ship owners, crew, customs officials, dock and harbour staff to arrange entry, berthing and servicing of ships;
• supervises day-to-day activities in a railway station;
• arranges for maintenance of airport runways and buildings, liaises with fuel and catering crews to ensure adequate supplies and resolves any complaints and problems raised by airport users.
Yes I do agree with same..
The HR of the company did took some of the interview but rejected on basis of one or the other issue... Which I suppose can be mentioned.
However reached so far can you please advise on how should I respond...
Any of your suggestions would be of a great help to me.

Ravi1981
India

Post by Ravi1981 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm

@ CR001... Any suggestions please...