ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on Shortage Occupation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

twschung
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Mistake on Shortage Occupation

Post by twschung » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am currently switching my Tier 4 visa to a Tier 2 (General) Visa. However, I have made a mistake on my application, where I have selected my job as one of the job listed in the shortage occupation list, which actually my job and CoS is not. This result of me paying 446 GBP instead of 677GBP. I have received a letter for the biometric enrollment last week, which I have already done as well.

Please kindly advise on this situation and the action that required to resolve this.
Anyone have similar experience to me? Will I get declined for my application?

leonwu127
Newly Registered

Re: Mistake on Shortage Occupation

Post by leonwu127 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi Hope you are well.

I am kindly wondering why would you do this, but I will suggest you should wait for further feedback. I am close to 100% sure UKVI will not pass your application as you have your application different from your CoS, but do not worry, if you still have time, ask you employee and re-apply once you get your feedback from UKVI.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Mistake on Shortage Occupation

Post by katanayi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 am

Just wait, they don't process your application until you pay correct fee. Home office will send you a letter stating the same, then you can pay correct payment. Unfortunately, you cannot do anything till you get a letter.
This happened to me as well and you can expect a delay in processing your visa. Moreover, they will refund old payment eventually, but it took me almost a year.