ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent application for Replacement BRP advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HeinrichSchroder
Newly Registered
South Africa

Urgent application for Replacement BRP advice

Post by HeinrichSchroder » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Good day,
To make things brief, here is the summary of events:

Lost BRP on 22 Aug 2017. Reported lost on that date and received the auto-response email acknowledgement from the Home Office.

Applied for a new BRP card and submitted the biometrics for that card on the 06 Sep 2017 at the post office in London.

I was unable to cancel a trip arranged previously for my girlfriend and I, I decided to take the risk to travel to Turkey without my new BRP and apply for a single entry Replacement BRP Visa in Turkey.

Submitted my application for the Visa on a priority service in Turkey on 14 Sep 2017. The home office received my application on 15 Sep 2017 and notified me that I may need to report my BRP lost and submit the acknowledgement to the decision making center via email if I have not already done so. I did this anyway immediately and forwarded the acknowledgement email from the 22 Aug 2017.

On 19 Sep 2017, the Visa Decision Making Center sent me another email asking for me to report the lost BRP and send the acknowledgement to a different email address. I did that immediately.

I am now stuck in Turkey and it has been 3 days since I last heard from the Home Office.

I am wondering whether I should resubmit a lost BRP Form (that might cancel my new BRP application already in process) and forward on that acknowledgement, or if I should just keep waiting for a response.

Could someone please offer some advice on this, as I'm a bit stuck now. I know I shouldn't have travelled, but had no idea the process could be this long on a priority service.

HeinrichSchroder
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Urgent application for Replacement BRP advice

Post by HeinrichSchroder » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Could someone please respond to this? I'm still stuck with not many other options.

chickpea
United States of America

Re: Urgent application for Replacement BRP advice

Post by chickpea » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Possibly not helpful but someone I know had a friend lose their passport with their ILR visa vignette. And they had no BRP! (Never been told they needed it, as was my situation two years ago.) They decided to travel back to the UK on their current but un-visa'd U.S. passport (which had lots of stamps showing UK entry) and just play dumb. Bizarrely they were allowed in and told to get a replacement. I guess you could risk it, especially if you have a vignette (sticker) with your leave to enter/remain, or have traveled enough in/out to be on the UKVI computer?

Otherwise, last I checked postal applications took 8 weeks. I don't recall priority being different except for in-country in-person applications.

Sorry not to be more helpful!