ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce from a eu spouse after receiving permanent-residence-t1

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Usmankhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

divorce from a eu spouse after receiving permanent-residence-t1

Post by Usmankhawaja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 pm

I am an indian who got married to a Hungaria national in March 2011, and then in 2012 ive got my 5 years residence visa after completed 5 years applied for PR and ive got PR this year in January and now unfortunately things are going wrong and we are going to apply for divorce. I assumed that PR means I no longer depend on my husband, however each time I cross the UK border I get asked same questions:
On what basis did you obtain the PR? Is your wife still live with you and all that. This is very frustrating so my question is what happens after we have divorced? Will i be unable to appy for nationality ? Will they cancel my PR because we are not in relationship anymore ? Can you please explain me about this.
Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: divorce from a eu spouse after receiving permanent-residence-t1

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:23 am

No. A divorce will not affect your PR status.

http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Regs201 ... ulation_15
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Usmankhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Usmankhawaja » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Then why they keep asking me about my wife whenever i go through tha uk border force

alijawad786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijawad786 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:45 am

usuall intelligent questions mate be confident and dont worry....they cant do anything now.
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D