ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I salaried or non-salaried? (payslip included)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadmanonatrain
United Kingdom

Am I salaried or non-salaried? (payslip included)

Post by sadmanonatrain » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:05 am

Hi, I hope someone can lend their time to my questions. I'm currently living and working in Japan. I am salaried(?) and contracted to earn £1586 (exchange rate as of today) every month. I have 4 months of payslips stating this.

The thing is, because the company I work for is probably the worst in the developed world in regards to how it treats its employees; this month, I was late once and so have been docked £158 for the 5th payslip. This will cause payslip to effectively be under the income threshold. Q1: Has that screwed up everything and now I have to start again..? :cry:

Relatively related to my confusion is how the company pays me/all the different figures that are on a single payslip in the first place. The average contracted £1586 figure a month does not include the travel reimbursment (anywhere from £60-120 a month) or overtime. The total figure per month (including travel and overtime) is also included on the payslip. Q2: Which would the immigration officer look at? Because the total figure is the figure I receive in my bank account every month, so correlates but varies slightly month to month

I'm not entirely sure if I'm salaried or non-salaried because of this. But what makes me think I'm salaried is that no matter how many days I've worked (some months have 28-31 days) the base salary (£1586) stays the same and there's no mention of an hourly wage in the contract. Each payslip has a 'What you've earned so far, this year.' figure. If I were to choose non-salaried and do the calculation I'd be over the income threshold at £21000. But I doubt I fall under that, unfortunately.

I truly wonder how accurately a translator and the immigration officer his or herself would be able to decipher it. But, the a letter from the employer would probably just state that £1586.

If you've followed thus far thank you and hope you can at least answer the two questions. Thank you.

https://ibb.co/c8mOdk - 3rd PAYSLIP example

RED Contracted wage (stays the same)
ORANGE Travel reimbursment (changes)
YELLOW Total pay (changes)
BLUE Tax paid, Rent paid on behalf of company, Total received in bank account (changes)
WHITE Total earned so far

sadmanonatrain
United Kingdom

Re: Am I salaried or non-salaried? (payslip included)

Post by sadmanonatrain » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:11 pm

In addition, should applying from outside the UK be effectively over; we'd like to be together in the UK if I'm forced to go to there and find a job over the income limit.

Could my spouse effectively tag along on a tier 4 student visa and switch onto the spouse after 6 months? Are there any obvious problems with doing that? Both in terms of returning to the UK together / having the spouse application not being rejected on some strange grounds of playing the system? If being with my spouse while i find work and accrue earnings is even playing the system...

Thanks.