ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child staying with friends for (slightly) more than 28 nights

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Child staying with friends for (slightly) more than 28 nights

Post by Oompa Loompa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Hello,

My child, who became recently British, had to go ahead of me to the UK. First, the child attended a residential language course for three weeks. Thereafter, I arranged for the child to stay with my friends. Tomorrow (Friday) will be the 28th night. When my child crossed British border, I got a phone call from a Border official, who said that if my child stays for more than 28 nights with the friends, they should notify the local council of a private fostering arrangement. I was hoping to come to Britain on Saturday to collect my child and then travel on to where we would reside. However my visa is valid from Monday for 30 days.

It was the requirement of my visa that the child must be in the UK and I must apply from outside of the UK. We have no family in the UK and I am a sole parent.
So my question is, should we notify the council given it will be only a weekend extra and I would collect my child on Monday (all going well)?

thank you,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child staying with friends for (slightly) more than 28 nights

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Should be fine for you to arrive on Monday/Tuesday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Many thanks, will we not run into a problem? I don't want cause any trouble for my friends who are also immigrants. Equally, I wish to avoid any problems myself. I wonder if I would be queried at the border about how many nights my child spent there.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:49 am

This has nothing to do with immigration rules and is purely a council social services issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.