ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Buying property whilst ILR being processed Set Protection route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sman
Newly Registered

Buying property whilst ILR being processed Set Protection route

Post by sman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:07 am

Hi,
I've applied for ILR after being in UK for 5 years. I did apply for ILR before my travel document got expired.

Applied for ILR - Oct 2015
Travel expired on Nov 2015
Received acknowledgement letter from HO - Nov 2015
Received 2nd letter (stating processing time is going to be more than 6 months) - May 2016

Since then, I did not receive any reply from HO and is more than 16 months now since applied. I am married, waiting to settle in life. Plans to buy house, invest on things, bring up children, and etc.

I have looked for houses and is meeting my financial requirements, but the sellers are asking my current visa status in uk, which am not sure of. HO says that am still legally eligible to stay, work here but what is current visa category to tell them? Can I still purchase house while am waiting for a reply from HO?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Buying property whilst ILR being processed Set Protectio

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:14 am

Your previous visa conditions continue until such time as you are granted ILR.

Have you asked your MP to chase up for your?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sman
Newly Registered

Post by sman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 am

Hi CR001,
No I haven't tried MP option. Is it really working for anybody here in this forum? Will HO expedite their process if MP is involved or if MP gives a recommendation letter or something. What's the process actually?

Also I would like to check if:
1) i can purchase house
2) i can sponsor my mom, i want her to be with me for at least 6 months for my child birth.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:28 am

Many members have reported success after asking their MP to help.
1) i can purchase house
Without ID and proof of right to reside, you will struggle to purchase a property.
2) i can sponsor my mom, i want her to be with me for at least 6 months for my child birth.
Without ID and proof of right to reside, how will you 'sponsor' her? 6 months is NOT a visit but 'residing'. Has your mom visited the UK before? What evidence of her ties to home country and her personal and financial circumstances will she submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sman
Newly Registered

Post by sman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi CR001,
I checked with banks and other mortgage lenders with my current status and they performed credit check with driving license as the proof of my identity.
Believe visitor visa is valid for 6 months, and that is why i questioned you if i can bring my mom in. My blood relative is also living in UK who is citizen here, (my Uncle) so can he sponsor his own sister (my mom) if I can't do it to bring her to UK to be with me for the childbirth? And yes, she owns property at her home country which she can show for her reason to return.

oakplot3
Newly Registered
Togo

Re: Buying property whilst ILR being processed Set Protection route

Post by oakplot3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 pm

@ Sman just wondered whether you managed to find a way out with buying a property whilst your ILR was being processed. I know its a long time ago and you must have your ILR by now but would appreciate your answer as I am in similar situation.

sman
Newly Registered

Re: Buying property whilst ILR being processed Set Protection route

Post by sman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 am

oakplot3 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 pm
@ Sman just wondered whether you managed to find a way out with buying a property whilst your ILR was being processed. I know its a long time ago and you must have your ILR by now but would appreciate your answer as I am in similar situation.
No I haven't got the ILR yet and bank refused my application to process without ILR.