ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent advice regarding ISC liable and ISC exempt COS letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Need Urgent advice regarding ISC liable and ISC exempt COS letter

Post by max0486 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Dear All,
Need an urgent answer please!!!

- I had been granted initial Tier2 in Oct 2014 and due to extend it in Oct 2017. I am with the same employer and with the same job title. My employer has issued COS letter (Tier2 General Extensions- ISC liable) in Sept 2017 and has paid immigration skills surcharge of 3000. Will my COS be ISC liable or exempt?

- what if this is ISC exempt and the visa was applied with ISC liable? will the visa had refused?

Looking forward to your answer please.

Thanks

nagarjuna04
Newly Registered

Re: Need Urgent advice regarding ISC liable and ISC exempt COS letter

Post by nagarjuna04 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi,

you are comes under ISC - exempt

ISC - liable for New workers who is applying after April 2017

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by max0486 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Dear nagarjuna,

Thanks for your reply.
My COS letter has been issued with sub-category (Tier2 General Extensions- ISC liable).
and the skills surcharge has been paid.

- Will the UKVI refuse the visa based on this. I just don't want to hassle HR again if it won't cause any issue. Also it will put the request for amendment in HR queue and the amendment will cause delays and i don't have much time left to apply.

- If it comes to changing "ISC liable" to "ISC Exempt", how will it work? Will the HR team need to cancel this COS and issue a new COS? If not what needs to be done? How will the money be refunded?

If i apply with "(Tier2 General Extensions- ISC liable)" and granted a visa, will the skills surcharge be refunded to the employer?

Please if you could answer these queries, will be grateful. At this point i have more questions and not many answers.

"CR001" and "iworker", i have been following posts on this forum and your answers are always concise and to the point. Grateful for your contribution to this forum. Could you please be able to answer my queries on this thread when you have time.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 am

if they have paid ISC when they were not suppose to, ur visa application will be fine.
They should not have paid for u.
If they would like a refund, maybe they should send an email to business helpdesk.
If your visa expires soon, i would recommend that u apply for visa, and let employer work in the background to get the refund for isc.

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by max0486 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:40 pm

iworker wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 am
if they have paid ISC when they were not suppose to, ur visa application will be fine.
They should not have paid for u.
If they would like a refund, maybe they should send an email to business helpdesk.
If your visa expires soon, i would recommend that u apply for visa, and let employer work in the background to get the refund for isc.
Thanks iworker. Appreciate your time and help.
In case the Employer needs to change the COS (Sub category) to "ISC Exempt" before i launch my visa application, will it be a "minor error" and will just need mentioning in the "Comment Section" of the SMS OR will it be considered as "significant mistake" and they have to issue a new COS letter.

Please could you clarify.

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Premium service appointment slots

Post by max0486 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to submit my Tier2 visa application form next week. Could you please let me know how many weeks current wait is for premium service appointment availability.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Have you bothered to check online to try book one or see availability?

You have left it very late to try get an appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by max0486 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm
Have you bothered to check online to try book one or see availability?

You have left it very late to try get an appointment.
Thanks CR001, the problem with Tier2 premium appointments is that you are only able to see the available slots when the application is submitted. Now if your desired appointment before current visa expiry isn't available, you just can't cancel your premium application or opt for a priority service instead(Basically you get stuck). :wink:
I was trying to find out if anyone on this forum has recently booked an appointment for premium service and the estimation of the appointments availability. Else what would be my course of action, if after submission of my premium application online submission, there is no premium appointment available. If anyone here could shed some light on this.

Thanks everyone for your help in this regard.

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:28 am

If you have time then no harm asking your employer to issue another cos and cancelling current one.
If time is a concern strain go ahead with application and ads sponsor note. Also suggest speaking to sponsors help desk.
Wrt appointments you pay your nhs fees online and then it takes you to page where you can select premium, priority or standard and select dates and then pay and you can Change before you pay that fees. So if you are running short of time go for priority instead of premium as you can submit via post.
There were appointments available for premium more or less a week later specially pre 9 Am where u pay Addtnl 75£ pp.

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by max0486 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 pm

I got my Tier2 visa extension approval today.
My appointment was at Croydon premium service center at 11am. My visa was approved at 16:00.
The visa center was very busy and it took 4 hrs from taking the token at front desk to ''under consideration" by case worker. Once the visa was under consideration by the case worker, it was concluded within an hour.

The documents i submitted were below,

- Application form
- Documents check list
- All passports
- BRP card
- 2 Passport size photos with my name written on back
- CNIC (Pakistan identity card). It was in Urdu language, so i translated it from a CIOL registered translator and attached it. Usually this wouldn't be required previously but now they have included a field in Tier2 Extension application form about the National Identity card (Not to confuse it with National Insurance card)
- IHS payment recipt
- Visa application payment receipt

One other important thing to mention is following,

-if the COS was incorrectly issued as ISC Exempt, the Home office won't refuse your visa but inform your employer to pay ISC charges in 13 days.

- If the COS was incorrectly issued as ISC Liable (Which was my case as for my extension it wasn't needed but employer paid ISC charges by mistake), Home office won't refuse your visa but will refund the charges back to the employer.

Hope this helps someone.
Let me know if anyone has any doubts about tier2 application process and i will be more than happy to help. :D

Feel free to Pin this information to Tier2 board as it may help someone who will be in doubt about their Tier2 Extension (especially after recent changes to application form).