ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

as3m
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by as3m » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 pm

I’m interested to know about anyone who’s visa is not being processed via Sheffield.
Is it faster? Any timelines would be appreciated.
We’re applyong from Saudi Arabia and visa is processed in Riyadh - I’ve gone for priority but it has now been 5 weeks and is still under consideration.
It’ll be interesting to hear from folk who’s visa is not being processed in Sheffield - unlike the majority on this forum.
Thanks

karachi76
Newly Registered

Post by karachi76 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:38 pm

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 pm
karachi76 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm
Hi all

After reading 100's of comments in Pakistan time line thread and waiting for decision thread, i can see that if you paid for priority visa serivce in 80% cases you will get answer in less then 60 working days.

20% get delayed because the case is complicated or some documents are missing ETC

The problem is with non priority visa service that their file get behind every time someone paid for priority visa which i think is unfair. i know few families who gone for non priroty visa and waiting since MAY and they just received the same email like others.

myself i paid for priority service and after calling them 2nd time on 25th Septembe they said decision have been made last week, but i still haven't receive any email or phone call, decision made in 55 working days. but until my mrs receive the passport we are not sure if we are the Lucky or unlucky ones!!

i wish you all best of luck
When you applied for priority visa did you send the priority receipt to sheffield aswell with the rest of your documents?

No when you book your biomatric you will get an option for priority visa service or normal, no need to send your receipt with your documents.

VFS global also known as Gerry's will send your passport to Sheffield as a priority service.

karachi76
Newly Registered

Post by karachi76 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:43 pm

as3m wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 pm
I’m interested to know about anyone who’s visa is not being processed via Sheffield.
We’re applyong from Saudi Arabia and visa is processed in Riyadh - I’ve gone for priority but it has now been 5 weeks and is still under consideration.
It’ll be interesting to hear from folk who’s visa is not being processed in Sheffield - unlike the majority on this forum.
Thanks
As far i know all spouse visa applications go to Sheffield, i am sure your passport is in Sheffield not in Riyadh.

visa will take 12 weeks so you still have time. hope this will help

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 am

We are still waiting from the 6th June, biometrics was completed that day and applications scanned and sent to Sheffield with priority fee paid for spouse/settlement visa, we have escalated once, received the 31st October email, and received the not straightforward email twice now once back in july, and now one yesterday which had this info, seems anyone who had children to pay for and did not pay (due to their system error) may have this issue and their applications would have been held up.

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) payment needed

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you have not made that payment.

What you need to do next:

You must make the payment by visiting: (direct url link for our children)

Unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as ‘Settlement - Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependant Relative’, this is the only way we can continue the process until the bug is fixed.

Please note that if the full payment is not made by 5th October 2017 then your application will be refused. If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.

To prevent any further delays with processing your application, once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk containing your name, GWF reference, IHS reference and the amount that you have paid for IHS.

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 am

dme82 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 am
We are still waiting from the 6th June, biometrics was completed that day and applications scanned and sent to Sheffield with priority fee paid for spouse/settlement visa, we have escalated once, received the 31st October email, and received the not straightforward email twice now once back in july, and now one yesterday which had this info, seems anyone who had children to pay for and did not pay (due to their system error) may have this issue and their applications would have been held up.

On 6 April 2015, the UK Government introduced a Health Surcharge payment requirement for non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a period of more than 6 months. The consideration of your visa application has been deferred because you have not made that payment.

Unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue.
The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The Visa type will appear as ‘Settlement - Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependant Relative’, this is the only way we can continue the process until the bug is fixed.

Please note that if the full payment is not made by 5th October 2017 then your application will be refused. If this is the only reason for refusing your application, you will have to make a new visa application and your visa fees will not be refunded.

To prevent any further delays with processing your application, once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk containing your name, GWF reference, IHS reference and the amount that you have paid for IHS.
I also got another email today after paying these IHS last night for my children for my husbands application saying:
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - ....... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/29/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I am hoping its good news as why make me pay last night if a decision had been made to decline...

as3m
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by as3m » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:39 am

karachi76 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:43 pm
as3m wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 pm
Thanks
As far i know all spouse visa applications go to Sheffield, i am sure your passport is in Sheffield not in Riyadh.

visa will take 12 weeks so you still have time. hope this will help
Not correct -
Settlement applications from Saudi Arabia are processed at the British Embassy in Riyadh.

hussain252

Post by hussain252 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 am

dme82 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 am
dme82 wrote:

I also got another email today after paying these IHS last night for my children for my husbands application saying:
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - ....... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/29/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I am hoping its good news as why make me pay last night if a decision had been made to decline...
[/quote

Seems they already started making decisions on the applicants that got the 31 oct email..
Good luck inshallah will be good news for u

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:46 am

hussain252 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 am
dme82 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 am
dme82 wrote:

[/quote

Seems they already started making decisions on the applicants that got the 31 oct email..
Good luck inshallah will be good news for u
Thankyou goodluck to you all too

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:34 am

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 pm
hussain252 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm
hussain252 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Hey I applied 22/6/2017 standard and got the 31 oct email this week too. But yeah a lot that applied in June have recieved decisions.
What is this email that everyone got about 31st October?
If u look at early posts ppl have put the email up on the forum. Basically saying they were unable to make a decision on normal timeframe and look to make a decision before 31 oct. and if they stil unable to do so they will contact again. Didn't u recieve the email?
My application was sent over to sheffield on 12th September, I haven't received any email I also applied for priority visa was hoping to hear back from them soon
Priority is a money making scam, people who have had priority was waiting since Jan, for spousal visas you looking at 6 months so hopefully early next year you will hear something

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Not everyone is waiting for ages. Some people get visas in 60 working days, some even sooner. I follow a Russian from and majority of ladies on there got and are still getting visas within 60 working days.

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:46 pm

MissOwl wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Not everyone is waiting for ages. Some people get visas in 60 working days, some even sooner. I follow a Russian from and majority of ladies on there got and are still getting visas within 60 working days.
Yes, you are correct, I've been looking at a Nigerian forum and the majority, get their results in under 60 working days.

I applied in March 2017. Standard application. Never had any emails off them, until this Monday about receiving a decision before the 31st of October. I would understand the delay, if the case was not straightforward or on hold. As they haven't told us anything, I don't see what the delay is...

Chichi32
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chichi32 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 pm

Chichi32 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm
Sumitdhiman86 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Raj86 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:58 pm
MrClientServer wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 pm
I too received email saying they will try to clear before 31st Oct. Some ray of hope.
Applied in mid of Dec 2016. Finally some light at the end of tunnel. Hope All will get through with flying colors.

Raj & Sunni what about you guys?

Hey bro
Yap got the same mail
Still waiting nd everyday looking around websites nd etc to see if anyone got Visa after hold.... still nothing so let’s hope for the best ;) please everyone keep us updated

Hi raj

Bro I m applied in January 2017 from Jalandhar Punjab !!! But I didn’t get any email 🤔🤔
Hello,
I didn't get the email either,applied on 16th February from Abuja Nigeria, got application not straight foward and request for updated financial documents email mid May. Docs were sent off before deadline, escalated several times and still didnt get a decision. Maybe we will get our positive decision this week...(i have been praying).
Update: Decision made email today, rushed down to TLS without waiting for collection email and visa has been granted. God is awesome! #prayerswork

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Chichi32 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 pm
Chichi32 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm
Sumitdhiman86 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Raj86 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Hey bro
Yap got the same mail
Still waiting nd everyday looking around websites nd etc to see if anyone got Visa after hold.... still nothing so let’s hope for the best ;) please everyone keep us updated

Hi raj

Bro I m applied in January 2017 from Jalandhar Punjab !!! But I didn’t get any email 🤔🤔
Hello,
I didn't get the email either,applied on 16th February from Abuja Nigeria, got application not straight foward and request for updated financial documents email mid May. Docs were sent off before deadline, escalated several times and still didnt get a decision. Maybe we will get our positive decision this week...(i have been praying).
Update: Decision made email today, rushed down to TLS without waiting for collection email and visa has been granted. God is awesome! #prayerswork
What is your timeline?

Harman Sandhu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harman Sandhu » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm

We submitted online app on 4th May 2017 and biometrics on 9th May as priority service. We chased them via telephone and email numerous times and were told "awaiting decision." Never received on hold or not straight forward email but on 27th August they told us there had been an error and we were in standard queue not priority. We provided receipt of priority paid and they say mistake had been rectified and we were made priority. We haven't received anything other than 31st October email. It's very unfortunate that this has happened. Pray everyone gets their visas soon

karachi76
Newly Registered

Post by karachi76 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Harman Sandhu wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm
We submitted online app on 4th May 2017 and biometrics on 9th May as priority service. We chased them via telephone and email numerous times and were told "awaiting decision." Never received on hold or not straight forward email but on 27th August they told us there had been an error and we were in standard queue not priority. We provided receipt of priority paid and they say mistake had been rectified and we were made priority. We haven't received anything other than 31st October email. It's very unfortunate that this has happened. Pray everyone gets their visas soon
Make sure you CLAIM your priorty fees once case completed. :oops: they are playing with peoples money and emotions :oops:

Barmo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Barmo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:36 am

Hey everyone
Applied from Rabat 18 April still waiting nearly 6month now!!!
Last email they send to me say
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre. I have re-raised your escalation someone from the escalation team should be in contact with you shortly, I do apologise for the delay in response and thank you for patience in regards to this matter..........
somebody see this email before?
I hope to hear something in this month.
Good luck for everyone

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:17 am

Dear members
all of them who received this mail "your case is Not straight forward" did all of you received the reason why your case was Not straight forward? my husband's case was on hold because his IELTS for academic certificate C1 didnot fulfil their requaiments they wanted IELTS for UKVI life skills A1, please post your reasons of delay so others can get help from these technicalities.
regards

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 am

hadeea wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:17 am
Dear members
all of them who received this mail "your case is Not straight forward" did all of you received the reason why your case was Not straight forward? my husband's case was on hold because his IELTS for academic certificate C1 didnot fulfil their requaiments they wanted IELTS for UKVI life skills A1, please post your reasons of delay so others can get help from these technicalities.
regards
Yes our first not straightforward email was followed with a request for more documents, sent another not straightforward the other day followed with another email request regards to IHS payment needed for children due to their system error

paulakh
Newly Registered

Post by paulakh » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:42 am

dme82 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 am
hadeea wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:17 am
Dear members
regards
Yes our first not straightforward email was followed with a request for more documents, sent another not straightforward the other day followed with another email request regards to IHS payment needed for children due to their system error
my wife applied in march 9th bio from india , we recieved case not straight forward email 3 june, but no reason been given , since 3rd june awaiting decision , 4 times escalation same answer we are working on your application . now got 31 October email , hoping for best

Harman Sandhu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Harman Sandhu » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:33 am

karachi76 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 pm
Harman Sandhu wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm
Make sure you CLAIM your priorty fees once case completed. :oops: they are playing with peoples money and emotions :oops:
I will definitely .

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Update on my application. My documents were posted back on 29/09 coming up to 12 weeks from biometrics this coming Thursday. I hope my wife's visa has been approved Insha'Allah.

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi when did you sumbit your documents? As I still haven’t gotten mine yet and I applied in July
b4r1786 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:21 pm
Update on my application. My documents were posted back on 29/09 coming up to 12 weeks from biometrics this coming Thursday. I hope my wife's visa has been approved Insha'Allah.

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Submitted online 7th July.biometrics on 13th and documents sent to Sheffield on 18th.non priority.keep up hope. People are and have been getting decisions after 3 months. I think the home office are just disorganised in their management which is why cases are left so long. Insha'Allah everyone who has been waiting will get responses in the next few weeks.

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks for replying mine was priority and still haven’t got mine back don’t know why. In Sha Allah everyone is reunited with their spouse very soon

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Skay04 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm
Thanks for replying mine was priority and still haven’t got mine back don’t know why. In Sha Allah everyone is reunited with their spouse very soon
my case was standard, sent documents on 23 jan and returned on 25 jan just after 24 hrs, its above 8 months now, still waiting for decision, case to case varres how cad handler deals on initial bases.