ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help!!! Urgent query about Work Permit and Employment

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijier1
Newly Registered

Pls help!!! Urgent query about Work Permit and Employment

Post by vijier1 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi,
I am working for an Indian company as a contractor and my contract is getting over in March. I will have to go back to India once my contract is over. I have found a consultant who is ready to sponsor my WP for a reasonable fee. But, I will have to find a job on my own. The market for my skillset is poor at the moment and so, I may not be able to find a job immediately.
My question is, if I am unemployed for two or three months, should the consulting company(which is sponsoring my WP) pay me for those two months? or in other words, can I stay in UK with a valid WP but without pay from my employer for two-three months??

Pls could you clarify?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:47 am

have found a consultant who is ready to sponsor my WP for a reasonable fee <== is it illegal???

My question is, if I am unemployed for two or three months, should the consulting company(which is sponsoring my WP) pay me for those two months? <== depends on what kind of contract you sign with them.....

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks for your reply Olisun. I am new to all these processes. What do you mean by illegal?? Could you pls clarify? I will have to find a contract job on my own, but I will be paid by the consultant only. A % of amount will be taken by the consultant from my fee.

Since I am on a work permit, is there any law stating that if am not paid for a certain period, my work permit validity will expire or something like that??

george_by
Newly Registered

Post by george_by » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:47 pm

vijier1 wrote:Thanks for your reply Olisun. I am new to all these processes. What do you mean by illegal?? Could you pls clarify? I will have to find a contract job on my own, but I will be paid by the consultant only. A % of amount will be taken by the consultant from my fee.

Since I am on a work permit, is there any law stating that if am not paid for a certain period, my work permit validity will expire or something like that??
Basically, if that consultant is not paying you minimum amount stated in Work Permit, he is breaking the law, and may be prosecuted (if annual salary stated in work permit, there may be some flexibility month to month). Also, getting Work Permit for such an arrangement is not normal, and it would be indeed very hard to get if you/consultant tell the truth in application form. You would be better off asking for some independent advice (immigration solicitors may provide it for free if they feel you can call on them later with your work permit application).

Whatever you decide, do NOT pay anybody upfront (consultant, immigration adviser etc), only pay when you have work permit+visa+job, and make sure you don't run out of money.

George