ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 GEN to ILR- Employer letter: How old it can be ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkyram
Mood:
India

UK Absence letter for ILR-Is Soft copy enough ?

Post by sparkyram » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello Guys,

I have got UK absences letter through email as a soft copy from my ex employer ? They issued proper letter with my company letter head and HR sign. Is it enough or do i need hard copy. I have requested for hard copy but no response from my employer. I don't know if my ex employer will send hard copy of that letter from India to UK. Suggestions pls..

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Absence letter for ILR-Is Soft copy enough ?

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:14 am

How is this relevant to your ex employer in India ?? The letter must be issued by your UK sponsor/employer
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:25 am

my employer deputed me from india to uk in tier 2 general visa. They have branches in UK. But all the HR related, reference letter process will happen from india only

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:56 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:25 am
my employer deputed me from india to uk in tier 2 general visa. They have branches in UK. But all the HR related, reference letter process will happen from india only
They have to issue the letter under the UK entity name
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello ,

I checked with my company whether they would be able to issue letter under UK entity name. They said that they can't change the entity address and they always issue letter with Head office address and this is the letter they have been issuing for others also.

I am not sure what i have to do now.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

ILR Continuity Break Query

Post by sparkyram » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Hello,

I am in tier 2 general and my ILR is due in next 6 months. Due to personal reasons i am planning to work for the same company but in india branch for two months. My company is ok to send me there for two months. But i would get paid only in local currency (INR) and there won't be any pay for me in UK for those two months.once i back here my company would again start paying my UK salary.

Would this break my ILR continuity ?

Thanks
Ram

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Continuity Break Query

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:15 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm
Hello,

I am in tier 2 general and my ILR is due in next 6 months. Due to personal reasons i am planning to work for the same company but in india branch for two months. My company is ok to send me there for two months. But i would get paid only in local currency (INR) and there won't be any pay for me in UK for those two months.once i back here my company would again start paying my UK salary.

Would this break my ILR continuity ?

Thanks
Ram
If company don't pay tax for those two months it will appear as gap in your records and may cause issues when applying ILR.

Ask your company to still pay in uk whil you can work from Indian for two months.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for your kind response.

I don't think my employer will agree for this. Let me give a try and i will also check with solicitors if they can suggest any other alternatives.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm
Thanks for your kind response.

I don't think my employer will agree for this. Let me give a try and i will also check with solicitors if they can suggest any other alternatives.
Yes , but don't just trusst lawyers blindly ! Do your own reserach as well.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Tier 2 GEN to ILR- Employer letter: How old it can be ?

Post by sparkyram » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello Guys,

I understand that for ILR through tier 2 G route we need to submit letter from current employer confirming salary,SIC code and absence etc. My question is how old that letter can be ?

Lets say, if my ILR same day appointment date is on July 15th 2018. I can book appointment 45 days in advance which is on June 1st 2018. Is it OK if i get employer letter by last week of may ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR- Employer letter: How old it can be ?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

ILR Eligibility date calculation

Post by sparkyram » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello Guys,

I am bit confused by the information in Pg 9 from the below document (Calculating continuous period for ILR)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0EXT.PDF

Pg 9 content below:

"Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from
whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application"

My Question is:

In my uk visa i can see the date of issue as 13-09-2013. i entered UK on Nov 7th 2013.. in my COS the start date is mentioned as 20-08-2013. (Is it the date of application ?)

Now what is my ILR eligible date ? do i have to count 28 days backwards from the start date mentioned in the COS or 28 days from the UK visa issue date present in my uk visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am

28 days from the UK visa issue date
This one. CoS start date is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am
28 days from the UK visa issue date
This one. CoS start date is irrelevant.
Thanks CR001. even i am under the same impression about my ILR eligibility date but the below post from our forum confused me..

indefinite-leave-to-remain/when-earlies ... 53117.html

Here they discussed about the COS start date or visa issue date to count the eligibility date for ILR. Thats why i got confused. Thanks for clarification

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Tier 2 GEN to ILR- P45 issues

Post by sparkyram » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Guys,

I am applying ILR via tier 2 general route in 3.5 more months. I have some unique issue:

My visa issued on sep 2013 and i came to uk on a long term assignment deputation from india ( Base country india and deputed country UK). When ever we take long leaves\holidays or after our project completion our company will send back to india to work there in offshore branch and they will send us back to UK branch again whenever new project starts in UK.

Whenever they send back us to india after project completion they issue p45 for us and if we present in uk till end of financial year they issue p60 form.

In my case , I Started working in UK for my india company on long term deputation from Nov 2013 and during 30 th Nov 2015 i went to india for my marriage for 51 days (Out of 50 days - 29 days are paid annual leaves and 21 days are unpaid but authorized by my company )

From 30/11/2015 to 28/12/2015 - Paid UK annual Leave (29 days)

From 29/12/2015- 19/01/2016- Authorized leave but unpaid in UK( 21 days)

I have an employer letter for the above leaves from UK.

But my employer have also issued me p45 with end date 30/11/2015 and since i joined back uk on same project from 19/01/2016, i also received p60 for that year.

Now my question is , Would this p45 cause any issue ?

I have payslips and bank statements to prove that i have got my uk paid annual leave and paid tax for dec 2015, and Jan 2016 and i also have employer letter stating that i am in annual leave for those days.

I have also read similar case in our forum and looks like that person has got ILR without any issues:

british-citizenship/employment-history- ... l#p1529007

Experts, opinion pls.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR- With Employment Gaps

Post by sparkyram » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Guys- Any opinions on my query ?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Guys..Anyone with similar kind of scenario ?please help..

I hope whoever working with india based IT companies would have similar kind of issues...

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR- Proving english language

Post by sparkyram » Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am

Guys,

While i applied my tier 2 general during 2013, I have got a "Statement of comparability" letter from NARIC for my bachelor degree from indian college and provided that document as part of my Tier 2 Gen appliation

Also recently i have got an official hard copy letter from my university with my name and degree confirming that my degree was taught in English".

Are these two documents enough to prove my english language ability for ILR ?

Or do i still need to apply anything from UK Naric ?

I am applying for my ILR in 3 more months...Also could someone please answer the query i have asked in my previous post under same thread.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR- Proving english language

Post by sparkyram » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:41 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am
Guys,

While i applied my tier 2 general during 2013, I have got a "Statement of comparability" letter from NARIC for my bachelor degree from indian college and provided that document as part of my Tier 2 Gen appliation

Also recently i have got an official hard copy letter from my university with my name and degree confirming that my degree was taught in English".

Are these two documents enough to prove my english language ability for ILR ?

Or do i still need to apply anything from UK Naric ?

Based on below guideline, i don't think i need to apply for separate Naric certificate to prove that my medium of instruction is english. Kindly advice
------
If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
OR
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
---------

I am applying for my ILR in 2 more months
Guys.. sorry for pulling this topic again. this has not been answered . Kindly advise if someone gone thru same scenario

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Tier 2 GEN to ILR- ILR Earliest eligible date

Post by sparkyram » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Guys,

I am going to book appointment today for Aug 2018 as the slots are released now. I just wanted someone to cross verify my ILR eligibility date (Appointment date)

Route: Tier 2 Gen to ILR

Date of issue: 13-09-2013
Date of entry:07-11-2013
5 Year completion: 13-09-2018

ILR appointment date: 16-08-2018 (28 days from 5 year)

I hope my appt date is correct. don't want to do silly mistake on this:)

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR-Query on unpaid leave and cover letter

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Guys, My ILR Appt is due in next 30 days. Tier 2 Gen to ILR. I came to UK on tier 2 General as a deputation through my previous employer and now i am currently working as a UK permanent employee of another employer (my current employer)

I have all documents with me absence letter from previous and current employer, NARIC, LUK etc. But i have a query on writing cover letter .

During the last 5 years i have less than 20 working days absent in every year and during all the absence i am paid in UK salary,except one leave during 2015 (29th Nov 2015 to 18th Jan 2016) i traveled to my native for my marriage for 31 working days .Out of which 20 days are UK paid annual leave and other 11 days are not paid in UK. I was waiting for my wife's dependent visa so that we can travel together which caused the 11 working days delay and my employer is completely fine with this and they approved my extended stay for 11 days in home country. Due to internal company process they have to end my deputation because i was not paid in UK for 11 days .On Jan 18th 2016 i came back to UK on new deputation and my employer also issued me P45 for me as they have closed my old deputation. (P45 here doesn't mean curtailment, it is just for tax purpose they issued as i have ended my old deputation). I also received P60 at end of year

my absence letter from previous employer also covered the 11 days of unpaid leave as part of approved leaves. But that letter doesn't specifically say that the 11 days are unpaid.

Now my question is should i specifically mention that 11 days are unpaid in my cover letter or shall i just leave without mentioning anything ? I am not sure if am complicating my case by specifying something as unpaid. My total absence from UK on last 5 years is 127 days (82 working days).

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm
Guys, My ILR Appt is due in next 30 days. Tier 2 Gen to ILR. I came to UK on tier 2 General as a deputation through my previous employer and now i am currently working as a UK permanent employee of another employer (my current employer)

I have all documents with me absence letter from previous and current employer, NARIC, LUK etc. But i have a query on writing cover letter .

During the last 5 years i have less than 20 working days absent in every year and during all the absence i am paid in UK salary,except one leave during 2015 (29th Nov 2015 to 18th Jan 2016) i traveled to my native for my marriage for 31 working days .Out of which 20 days are UK paid annual leave and other 11 days are not paid in UK. I was waiting for my wife's dependent visa so that we can travel together which caused the 11 working days delay and my employer is completely fine with this and they approved my extended stay for 11 days in home country. Due to internal company process they have to end my deputation because i was not paid in UK for 11 days .On Jan 18th 2016 i came back to UK on new deputation and my employer also issued me P45 for me as they have closed my old deputation. (P45 here doesn't mean curtailment, it is just for tax purpose they issued as i have ended my old deputation). I also received P60 at end of year

my absence letter from previous employer also covered the 11 days of unpaid leave as part of approved leaves. But that letter doesn't specifically say that the 11 days are unpaid.

Now my question is should i specifically mention that 11 days are unpaid in my cover letter or shall i just leave without mentioning anything ? I am not sure if am complicating my case by specifying something as unpaid. My total absence from UK on last 5 years is 127 days (82 working days).
Guys.. please help me with my above query

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:05 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Guys and senior moderators like CR001 and others.. please help with my cover letter query... I don't want to complicate my application by providing unnecessary extra info in my cover letter.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 GEN to ILR- Incorrect entry date stamped in passport

Post by sparkyram » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Guys.. after one of my holidays i entered UK via heathrow airport. Immigration officer stamped my passport with incorrect entry date. Rather than stamping 19th JAN, he stamped 19th JUN.. I am having ILR appointment (Tier 2 gen to ilr) in next few days.. should i need to worry about this ?

1. I Have my airlines tickets to prove the dates.

2. I have bank transactions to prove that i was in UK after 19 th JAN.

3. Also I have applied in country visa application period on 3rd JUN and gave my biometrics on June 3rd which also proves that 19 TH JUN doesn't make any sense .

Any advice pl

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:25 pm

Bring bank statements and tickets just in case.

Please update us after your appointment too.