ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case against HomeOffice

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1appext
Newly Registered
India

Case against HomeOffice

Post by tier1appext » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:39 pm

What an idot immigration and mis managed service. Waiting for last 7 months. No reply from these stubborn Immigration.

Being immigrant what options we have. Can we file a common petition against them. Our lives have been disturbed by home office.

Can we all who are waiting longer than 6 months file a Case against them and bring Media attention to these idots.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Case against HomeOffice

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 pm

I can feel the pain as I can relate myself waiting for 9 months!

I do not understand how do HO justify to linger on cases to this extent even if they are complex! (Normal procedure: 2 months)

Firstly they send generic complex letters to almost all applicants to buy time and then the delay is just so stressfull!

It actually affects ones professional and personal life in the literal sense!

I can see there are so many going through the same torture as me. Sigh
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier1appext
Newly Registered
India

Post by tier1appext » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm

I would highly recommend everyone who is waiting more than 6 months to take action against them. Once this issue is highlighted with Media and Gov Officials, they will take action.

We all understand it could take longer than normal- but this IDOT HO try to hide behind sending one complex letter and then putting files aside and then cheery picking of cases without noticing which case is first in queue.

Highly encourage everyone at least file a complaint against HO - I have prepared a case against them and going to claim heavy damages due to their inability to decide application.

I would request you guys file complaints against them and let your local MPs know about it. Also send email to BBC and request them to highlight this issue. They are just using delaying tactics.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm

I involved my MP after 7.5 months. The MP got a generic response that its taking long because the application is complex.
The MP advised to contact again if they do not decide in another 6 months which was disappointing!

Not always MP’s are helpful.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 am

Home office has the power to keep an application for as long as it takes to make a decision. You realistically cannot succeed with a legal action against HO (judicial review) unless they have done something unlawful.
I suggest to file a complaint: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bhavesam
Newly Registered

Post by bhavesam » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 am

Patience...I am waiting for 15 months..beat that..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:59 am

bhavesam wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 am
😲

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:04 am

zimba88 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 am
Home office has the power to keep an application for as long as it takes to make a decision. You realistically cannot succeed with a legal action against HO (judicial review) unless they have done something unlawful.
I suggest to file a complaint: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Thanks

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:04 pm

bhavesam wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 am
Salute to your patience. Mine just over 6 months : No Comparison :D a Mile ahead

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:11 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm
I involved my MP after 7.5 months. The MP got a generic response that its taking long because the application is complex.
The MP advised to contact again if they do not decide in another 6 months which was disappointing!

I involved my MP just at 6 months timeline. Secretary rang me to say She called them yesterday and they replied the case raise exceptionally complex issue(s) and there is no time scale. I said I got the complex issue email already long time ago, tell me something new and than she replied oh this is what we are told most of the times. I said thank you very much.

I will see my MP directly in a months time to reiterate and I am with you@tier11417

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:21 pm

I need new equipment for my business, If I do not buy the equipment I may loose contracts but how can I invest money if I do not know if I will be here to complete the contracts

something needs to be done

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:12 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:11 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm

I involved my MP just at 6 months timeline. Secretary rang me to say She called them yesterday and they replied the case raise exceptionally complex issue(s) and there is no time scale. I said I got the complex issue email already long time ago, tell me something new and than she replied oh this is what we are told most of the times. I said thank you very much.

I will see my MP directly in a months time to reiterate and I am with you@tier11417

Exactly same!
The secretary emailed me back saying the same.
I think I will have to put up a complaint soon as I do not have the patience for 15 months now!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 pm

teddybear79 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:21 pm
I need new equipment for my business, If I do not buy the equipment I may loose contracts but how can I invest money if I do not know if I will be here to complete the contracts

Exactly the uncertainty affects your business decisions. And then HO expects that we are still running the business at the same pace investing more without knowing if we will be dumped in a second with no time to wind up things and leave the country!

saraswat1

Post by saraswat1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:48 pm

I am fully convinced with tier 1147 I am waiting my extensions nearly 7 months after complex letter there is no news ho is treating us like we are not humans where is human rights I know one guy who got interview after 6 months than after 3 months no update in meanwhile he lost first his after and after that his mother he couldn't go for his parents funeral after that he approached Mp but ho gave one month time to get back but still there is no update so where is human right left in our cases every single day is torture I check 3 times a day my online status but same reply awaiting decision and those people got their visa extended don't help us at all and say u need to wait till ho replies u so no one understand our pain pls guy keep in touch and keep updating

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:53 pm

teddybear79 wrote:

I totally agree these delays are ridiculous and unreasonable.

I have never understood why they want to hold the passport and prevent people from travelling. Most other countries require the passport at the time of application and then again when collecting (or in the final stages).

Having said that, I haven't seen many cases of rejection of genuine entrepreneurs in this forum. Decision making is delayed, the entrepreneurs are interviewed, etc but almost all of the rejections have been wrong paperwork, which a fresh application will resolve. There definitely have been cases where the CW clearly makes mistakes and those get approved in an AR.

You know your business best and you need to make a decision. But, if I were in your place, as long as I know I have met the requirements, I would not hesitate to invest to further the business.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tier1appext
Newly Registered
India

Post by tier1appext » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 pm

We need to take action against it

My bank blocked one of my transaction and then they wanted to see my legal right to stay in this country. I explained them that i have not received anything from HO for last 7 months and only have this letter from HO explaining my application is with them and not decided yet. But they insisted to show my resident permit to prove I am legal. Unfortunately, i cannot use my business bank account. THIS IDOT HO expect us to do normal business activities having no IDs with us.

1- I have filed detailed complaint against it and have made it very clear that it is a genuine issue and should not affect my application.

2- I have family issue back home which I need to address urgently. This has caused me going though mental stress and has affected my working life. I have doctor certificate now to prove this and HO is responsible for all this.

3- Cannot do longer term contracts - as there is uncertainty - Practically, you cant do business with confidence when you are not certain what is going to happen with your stay.

4- This IDOT HO, thinking us as criminals - We are well educated , degree holders people having real family issues/lives. They are treating us like ASYLUM seekers.

5- I have also contacted Human rights agencies in the UK and have explained this CRIMINAL ACT OF HO to them.

6- I have contacted different NEWS PAPERS and sent emails to News channels to highlight this issue for us. They are killing people mentally,

DONT be afraid and be bold - THEY are just doing delay tactics and doing on purpose. LETS EXPLOSE THEIR DIRTY FACE TO THE WORLD.

saraswat1

Post by saraswat1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Am happy to see a real men on this board otherwise I discussed so many applicants and said them we should do something they think am crazy or mad they think am talking rubbish ur doing superb job did u get any reply from human rights agencies or any media pls reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:31 pm

tier1appext wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 pm
Have you registerd a different username to start this topic?? Multiple usernames are not permitted.

member/blessed111/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:02 am

tier1appext wrote:

My bank blocked one of my transaction and then they wanted to see my legal right to stay in this country. I explained them that i have not received anything from HO for last 7 months and only have this letter from HO explaining my application is with them and not decided yet. But they insisted to show my resident permit to prove I am legal. Unfortunately, i cannot use my business bank account. THIS IDOT HO expect us to do normal business activities having no IDs with us.

1- I have filed detailed complaint against it and have made it very clear that it is a genuine issue and should not affect my application.

2- I have family issue back home which I need to address urgently. This has caused me going though mental stress and has affected my working life. I have doctor certificate now to prove this and HO is responsible for all this.

3- Cannot do longer term contracts - as there is uncertainty - Practically, you cant do business with confidence when you are not certain what is going to happen with your stay.

4- This IDOT HO, thinking us as criminals - We are well educated , degree holders people having real family issues/lives. They are treating us like ASYLUM seekers.

5- I have also contacted Human rights agencies in the UK and have explained this CRIMINAL ACT OF HO to them.

6- I have contacted different NEWS PAPERS and sent emails to News channels to highlight this issue for us. They are killing people mentally,

DONT be afraid and be bold - THEY are just doing delay tactics and doing on purpose. LETS EXPLOSE THEIR DIRTY FACE TO THE WORLD.
1) I plan to do the same. I have had my interview 3 weeks ago so just giving it some more time before I take action.

2) Did the bank let the transaction through then?
Did you try to make a complaint with the bank directly?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:03 am

saraswat1 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:48 pm
I am fully convinced with tier 1147 I am waiting my extensions nearly 7 months after complex letter there is no news ho is treating us like we are not humans where is human rights I know one guy who got interview after 6 months than after 3 months no update in meanwhile he lost first his after and after that his mother he couldn't go for his parents funeral after that he approached Mp but ho gave one month time to get back but still there is no update so where is human right left in our cases every single day is torture I check 3 times a day my online status but same reply awaiting decision and those people got their visa extended don't help us at all and say u need to wait till ho replies u so no one understand our pain pls guy keep in touch and keep updating
I can relate to your frustration!

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:04 am

tier1appext wrote:

Very sorry to hear about this.
Was your business bank account frozen? The company is a separate legal entity, so how can they just freeze accounts based on your permit?

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:09 pm

The news is about current accounts.
If they will freeze business account,it will create a whole mess and what will we do.
Do they want us to be penniless and survive on grass :D

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm

teddybear79 wrote:

I need to buy property and banks ask for 2 years valid visa.
It sucks.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:32 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:09 pm

The news is about current accounts.
If they will freeze business account,it will create a whole mess and what will we do.
Do they want us to be penniless and survive on grass :D
Yeah, I know that checks are being conducted against bank accounts.

However, what I meant was that in the case of a business bank account of a company, the company is a separate legal entity, so the residence permit of the director not being valid leading to the account being frozen is strange.
In the case of a personal account or a sole trader's account it's different, as in the case of self employment, the business and the individual are treated as one and the same under law.

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:50 am

tier1appext wrote:

I'm with you too, please share more details how can I be a signee on your complaint or face to protest against HO. There have been over 7 months no contact by them at all, they have refunded partial IHS 2 months ago but still application is not decided :(
Please share the contact or more details, how we can be a part of this compalint or media protest face against HO. I remember few of International students did the same in year 2012 and BBC highlighted the frustration of the delaying process of UKBA. We all together can quote the same and take this the crime against the Human rights. Thanks