ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP Approved in 1 day

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thelittleprince
Newly Registered

EEA FP Approved in 1 day

Post by thelittleprince » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I applied for a EEA FP to visit my husband in London. I mailed the application last Friday and my passport is returned today with the visa. It took only one day for the consulate to process my application, which is impressively quick.... Sharing my document list and timeline here hope to help.
I’m Chinese applying from the US. My husband is Portuguese.

Hope you all hear good response soon!

Timeline:
Application mailed: Sep 23
Application delivered: Sep 25
Visa Approved: Sep 26
Passport Returned: Sep 27

Document list:
From my husband:
Copy of current and previous passport
o Letter from employer
o National Health Insurance Certificate
o Payslips from past six months
o Bank Statements from past six months
o Rental lease of current apartment

From me:
o current passport
o Copy of the previous passport
o Job offer letter
o Payslips from past six month
o Bank Statements from past six months
o Tax form
o Copy of Social Security Card

 As evidence of relationship and marriage:
o Our marriage certificate
o Our wedding photos and some other daily photos together with date and location
on the back
o Whatsapp chat history
o Whatsapp video call log
o Email exchange
o Mail Cards
o Drawings that Yida did of us
o Flight tickets

zerofold
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP Approved in 1 day

Post by zerofold » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:04 pm

I had the same experience applying from the US.

Documents sent: Sep 18
Documents received: Sep 20
Family Permit approved (via email): Sep 21
Documents mailed back: Sep 22
Passport returned: Sep 26

Neither of us are in the UK yet, so I did not provide any job offer letters or National Insurance information with my application.

I was also concerned regarding the effective dates of the permit. They (thankfully) post-dated validity of the permit for 3 months to match with my day of intended travel into the UK.

Willyboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Willyboy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am

Congratz, guys! I'm on another forum where most of us have been waiting at least 30 working days, in some cases up to 120 days and still counting for an EEA family permit.

Somebody just saw your posts and it's absolutely unbelievable. Did you get a response from the Sheffield visa processing centre or perhaps from some other place? Sheffield seems to be where the huge delays are happening. Perhaps your applications are being processed locally in the US to relieve the workload on Sheffield.

zerofold
Newly Registered

Post by zerofold » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:56 am

I believe my application was processed within the States. As instructed, I sent all documents and my application to a United States address, and it was return-posted from that same office. I was not told to send any documents to the UK at any point.

Best of luck to everyone, I feel very lucky and wanted to post solely so others in my situation might not worry as much as I did (I applied months before my intended travel date for this exact reason).

As a note, the UK Visa website lists that most Family Permits (from the US) are processed within 3 days, with 100% in 15 days. After seeing that, it does not seem as unusual.

Willyboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Willyboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm

zerofold wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:56 am
I believe my application was processed within the States. As instructed, I sent all documents and my application to a United States address, and it was return-posted from that same office. I was not told to send any documents to the UK at any point.

Best of luck to everyone, I feel very lucky and wanted to post solely so others in my situation might not worry as much as I did (I applied months before my intended travel date for this exact reason).

As a note, the UK Visa website lists that most Family Permits (from the US) are processed within 3 days, with 100% in 15 days. After seeing that, it does not seem as unusual.
Ok, thanks for the info. Would you mind sharing what centre it was? One remote possibility would be for us to take a holiday in the US and apply there!