ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hussain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marrying in Ireland

Post by Hussain1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

I'm a British Pakistani who would like to marry someone in Ireland. He came to UK on a Student Visa however then moved to Ireland. Unfortunately his visa has expired. If I get married to him, how does this affect his visa? How does Brexit affect me and us after we are married?

dupalsky

Re: Marrying in Ireland

Post by dupalsky » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 am

Hey,

You should be able to marry in both countries. Yes, the UK is leaving the EU but that is not happening until March/2019 and the UK govt has propose that all EU citizen living in the UK before March/2019 will be able to apply for some kind of residency status.

If you decide to marry and reside in Ireland, the EU has also said all UK citizens living in other EU countries will be able to stay(although they are proposing that you will only be able to live in one country, hence no privilege of freedom of movement).

Dupalsky

Hussain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Marrying in Ireland

Post by Hussain1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 pm

We are not able to marry in England and his visa has expired so he can't come here meaning I would have to go to Ireland. I wouldn't mind moving to Ireland however the no freedom of movement bothers me. Thank you so much for your reply.