ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On maternity leave...and working

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babyflo
Newly Registered

On maternity leave...and working

Post by babyflo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:44 pm

A friend of mine told me that his husband's workmate wife is currently on maternity leave ( she had a baby last Dec 2007 and she work as a domestic helper here for about 4 years now ) and last Feb 2008 she is back to work with her employer thrice a week and paying her by cash.

Is this illegal since she's still on maternity leave i am not sure for 6 or 9 months? And still getting maternity allowance from the government. Is she and her employer violating the law on doing it?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am

Is this even relevant?
The individual in question is so far from you and completely unconnected, you are not asking for advice merely asking for gossip.
Please don’t waste valuable time from the board.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: On maternity leave...and working

Post by tasha75 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:47 pm

If you have 2 jobs before going on maternity leave, than you can claim SMP (or MA) from one employer and carry on working for another.
What is your personal interest in this? are you are planning on reporting her?
Do not live your life in fear.

babyflo
Newly Registered

Post by babyflo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:05 pm

try-one wrote:Is this even relevant?
The individual in question is so far from you and completely unconnected, you are not asking for advice merely asking for gossip.
It is not a gossip. I am just asking if it is legal or not working while on maternity leave or its none of my business as a tax payer.

i don't mean to waste ur time bec i know u help lots of people here like me..my apology!!
Last edited by babyflo on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babyflo
Newly Registered

Re: On maternity leave...and working

Post by babyflo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 pm

tasha75 wrote:If you have 2 jobs before going on maternity leave, than you can claim SMP (or MA) from one employer and carry on working for another.
What is your personal interest in this? are you are planning on reporting her?
My only personal interest here is if it is legal or not working while on maternity leave. coz I am a tax payer that's all.

sorry to waste ur time....my apology :( bb

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 am

try-one wrote:Is this even relevant?
SYH in disgiuse ? I hope not :)