ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Biometrics

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cloughr73
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

FLR (M) Biometrics

Post by cloughr73 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if somebody can help.

My wife applied for FLR (M) recently from a tier 5 youth mobility visa, we submitted the application online but have yet to send off the documentation.

I notice that after applying online, it is stated that we will receive a letter to request that my wife visits a post office to provide her biometrics, it says that the letter will include a date of when this will have to be provided by.

I am wondering if there is a general timescale to this? We plan on sending the documentation off on Monday but then going to travel for two weeks around the UK, we are worried that the letter will arrive in that time and that the timescales might be too short and not allow us time to meet the request.

I have done a search of the forum but can't find any similar queries but I notice that generally, the biometric request letter comes along with the acknowledgment of the receipt of the documents.

Can somebody advise us on how to manage this efficiently without prolonging the stress? :)

Ryan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Biometrics

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 pm

It takes a couple of weeks to get sent out and you will have 15 days to enroll the biometrics at the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cloughr73
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by cloughr73 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Thanks very much. It seems we will be ok then! :)

cloughr73
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by cloughr73 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi, me again.

We have now returned back from our travels to no biometric letter, it's been two weeks since we submitted our initial documentation, so I came here to check that this was normal and it seems as though we have nothing to worry about on this count. Is that right?

However whilst searching this forum, I happened upon something that has caused concern for our application. It relates to the payslips, I see that people are saying that the payslips need to be stamped by the employer if they are online copies. This is something I overlooked previously so as things are out application has been submitted with 6 months worth of pay slips with a covering letter from my employer (Manager) stating that they're authentic. The letter is digitally signed in his name, I'm wondering if it's enough.

If it's not enough then with me still being within my 15 working days since the application, can I still rectify this and then send them over additionally?

If not, am I right in saying that if is this the only count for refusal then the HO should contact us chasing further information? (IE Ask for the documents again)

I really appreciate your help with this guys.

cloughr73
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by cloughr73 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 am

Sorry to be a pain.

Could somebody please answer these questions for me, I need to know if sending the payslips again (they would be online copies again as my company take 7 working days to issue them) before our 15 working day timescale expires (Thursday) I would get them individually signed if that's the case.

I have now ordered the payslips from my company in the even of them being requested or worse still, a refusal.