ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally Done (HSMP + EC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jillsjack

Finally Done (HSMP + EC)

Post by jillsjack » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:28 am

Dear Memebers,
I applied for EC on 13 Feb 05.
I am from Pakistan working in Libya. So I applied at the UK Embassy in Libya. I reached at 0800 and showed them my passport and HSMP approval. EC Officer was a lady and asked me four questions.
Where is Your Wife?
I told her she is in Pakistan and would Join me once I have a Job.
She then asked me where would you be staying?
I gave her a letter from a Friend who is a British Citizen, stating that I would be staying with him. I added that I am not sure that the place where my friend lives (Surrey, Thorton Heath) is a good place to be living in if one is looking for job. In response she explained the location of my friends address and added a few things about how to look for a job and said that it was good place.
What do you do?
I told her that I am an ERP Software Professional
Last question she asked was where do I work in Libya?
I answered about my employer.
That was that.
All in All I gave her 03 papers in addition to my passport:
1. HSMP Letter (Original)
2. Accomodation Letter
3. Bank Statement (12000 Pounds)

In the end She gave me a slip of paper and told me to come and collect my passport next day at 1330. I told her that I have to travel to another city (Tripoli to Ben-Ghazi) by road and I would like my passport to be available a little earlier so that I dont hit night on the road. She said fine, come and collect it at 0900.
Next day I went and asked for my passport. They gave me the Passport with HSMP Visa stamped effective 14 Feb 05. I asked the clerk there that I would like to talk to the EC Officer. He said that it is higly unlikely that they would grant me time to talk. I insisted, so he went in came back with the EC Officer in tow. I told her that the effective date is not good for me. I am working here and cannot leave my job immediately. She said that she will revoke the visa and issue a new one effective 01 April 05. I thanked her. She said go and have a cup of coffee and come back after 30 minutes. Which I did (barring the coffee) and received the Passport with a new Visa and the Old one crossed and cancelled.
I Thanked Almighty and prayed for days ahead.

I would like to thank the Board Members. This board has been a great help. For us (specially Asians and Africans) this means a lot. We dont know what the future may hold but such chances open windows of oppertunity for us and our families. I wish you all a very successful HSMP application. Of course I would keep contributing to this board. I will under take job hunt now and would post about my expeirences.
I would appricate any suggestions about how to go Job Hunting and dos and donts about UK.
Thanx again.
J's J

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:16 am

Congratulations there, i really agree with what you say about the help that this board has given us all. and also well done and thanks for clarifying on the issue of Entry clearance.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:59 am

8) 8) 8) Congarats Buddy......... it is a gr8 achivement...... and it seems EC officers and ppl in Libya are very kind enough as they did everything so fast and camlly.

could u plz tell ur details abt HSMP appl. like date, ref #, Ec etc.

rgds,
Gunjan.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:15 pm

Congrats and thanks for sharing ur EC experience.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:15 pm

Thanks for sharing, J's J - nice to get such a complete account...

Needless to say, your story was especially interesting as even a year ago it wouldn't be possible to find a British Embassy in Lybia... a tangible proof that some things in the world change for the better ;)

rella

Post by rella » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:43 pm

That's great that you got the later start data on your visa.

Good luck on your new life in the UK.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:38 pm

congrats jills! thanks for sharing the great experience with the members. all the best with your new challenges in the UK. pls keep us posted!
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:41 am

Congrats Jj.......now it will be easy for you to settle in UK. All is happened right according to your plns :) Good luck for your job hunt.