ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa to Ireland for non-EU Girlfriend?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irishlad
Newly Registered

Tourist Visa to Ireland for non-EU Girlfriend?

Post by irishlad » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi,

I'm new here to the board, I am an Irish citizen living here in Ireland. I would like to get a tourist visa for my Girlfriend to visit me here in Ireland for a two week holiday after Christmas in either January or February. She is a Philippine Citizen and we have been together in a long distance relationship since we met whilst I was backpacking in the Philippines last Christmas.

She is living and working in the United Arab Emirates where she works in the healthcare profession. She has been working in the Middle East for several years already having previously worked in Saudi Arabia also. I know her for almost 10 months and I have traveled to visit her already and will visit her again later this month.

If anyone could advise me of the financial and employment requirements and what sort of paperwork that would be required for her to visit me here I'd be most grateful.

I know it is possible to apply online with INIS but I'm also wondering if there is any Visa agencies which would provide a visa service and if they would be faster or have a better chance of the visa being issued compared to INIS. Any recommendations etc. would be great.

Also what is the typical time-frame before a visa decision is made after lodging an application though INIS or an agency?

Also would she need to visit the Irish Embassy for the UAE in Abu Dhabi to do a face to face interview?

I'd appreciate if you could help me with this as we'd like to make an application as soon as possible, and I am completely new to all this but I'd love to be able to show her Ireland as it maybe possible for her to move here permanently next year when her current Nursing contract ends in Dubai, but that's a whole different ballgame and we are just focusing on a simple two week holiday to Ireland first.

Thanks very much :-)

Topcat72m
Ireland

Re: Tourist Visa to Ireland for non-EU Girlfriend?

Post by Topcat72m » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:05 pm

There is no interview. She has secure employment so that's good.

I wouldn't recommend an agency. I did myself 2 years ago. She will apply through her side. For us it was refused first time after 8 weeks but I appealed here and spoke to immigration on the phone better explained our relationship. Then it was approved I think after a further month. Type c visa.