ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration issue

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Help111335577
Newly Registered
Jordan

Police registration issue

Post by Help111335577 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:34 pm

I just finished my undergrad this summer and will be doing an msc in the same uni. I will be applying for a tier 4 extension through the university, one of the supporting documents required was police registration.

I only registered to the police when I arrived and never updated my details and left my police registration back home (extremely dumb).

I asked for an appointment and got one yesterday, I explained my situtation and got a new police registration with all my previous address's.

The officer told me that she would report this to the home office and wrote under my previous addresses something alone the lines of just being notified, didn't seem like a warning on the paper.

I realized the next day that I was registered on my old passport and not the new one, i sent them an email today saying that I would like an appointment to correct it.

I'm starting to panick as they have an actual reason to reject me from extending my visa.

Any advice/opinion is appreciated

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Police registration issue

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:24 pm

There are several existing threads about this matter, most recently

uk-tier-4-student-visas/forgot-to-updat ... 32787.html

As a university student you have free one-to-one immigration advice from the international student adviser whose specific job it is to support their students with Tier 4 applications. I strongly advise you get advice from them.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Help111335577
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Help111335577 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. I already did told and was told that there is ground for refusal but she has never heard of anyone getting their visa rejected due the police registeration.
Just wanted to hear more opinions esp due to the fact that I'll have to go again.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Help111335577 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm
Just wanted to hear more opinions esp due to the fact that I'll have to go again.
To be honest, I don't think opinions are so useful. Your adviser is very experienced in this sort of thing, so trust their advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 am

Help111335577 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:34 pm
I just finished my undergrad this summer and will be doing an msc in the same uni. I will be applying for a tier 4 extension through the university, one of the supporting documents required was police registration.

I only registered to the police when I arrived and never updated my details and left my police registration back home (extremely dumb).

I asked for an appointment and got one yesterday, I explained my situtation and got a new police registration with all my previous address's.

The officer told me that she would report this to the home office and wrote under my previous addresses something alone the lines of just being notified, didn't seem like a warning on the paper.

I realized the next day that I was registered on my old passport and not the new one, i sent them an email today saying that I would like an appointment to correct it.

I'm starting to panick as they have an actual reason to reject me from extending my visa.

Any advice/opinion is appreciated

Thank you
Which nationality are you?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:50 am

nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 am
How is that relevant to the matter in hand? They are a nationality who needs to register with the police. There is no further nuance.

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:41 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:50 am
nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 am
How is that relevant to the matter in hand? They are a nationality who needs to register with the police. There is no further nuance.
Who are you to tell what is relevant or not? Are you an entry clearance officer? Or did I ask you your nationality?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 pm

nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:41 pm
Who are you to tell what is relevant or not? Are you an entry clearance officer? Or did I ask you your nationality?
What are you talking about? OP is a clearly a nationality that is required to register with the police It does not make any difference to their query here what that specific nationality is.