ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusion about ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nbhatt

confusion about ILR

Post by nbhatt » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi All,

I am a bit confused in regards to 10 years residency and ILR or 2nd Tier1 extension, please clarify.

Which date should I take to apply for ILR

is it the date I first entered in the UK or is it necessary that we need to complete 5 years
under Tier 1.

I entered the UK in 2009 so 10 years from 2009 or do I need to complete 5 years under Tier 1 to be eligible to apply for ILR?

Lastly about 1 full time employees for 24 months if 1st option is relevant then how to meet this requirement?

Many Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: confusion about ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Long residence ILR will be conounted from the date of entry to the UK. You need to have in total 10 years on any visa.
If you are on Tier 1E route, you do not need to show Tier 1E extension/ILR requirements under long residence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks a ton Zimba for your prompt reply can you please elaborate on your below point

If you are on Tier 1E route, you do not need to show Tier 1E extension/ILR requirements under long residence.

Manu_cal
Mood:
India

Post by Manu_cal » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 pm

I presume if you have completed 10 yrs then instead of going through a rigorous Tier 1 extension you should go for 10yrs long term residence for ILR .
Here is another situation , what if someone is completing 5yrs in tier 1 in April 2018 but the visa is valid till Nov 2018 and he is completing 10yrs Long term Residence in Sep 2018. What would be the stress free option to apply for ILR. 1) based on Tier 1 Ent. or 2) just wait till Sept and go for 1day premium service based on 10yr .
Again I am presuming you dont have to show all the accounts, employee details, etc etc if you qualify for 10yr.
Please if any of the experienced guys can shed some light on this, would be grateful.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 pm

ILR under Tier 1E is based on point based system requirements. This means there are specific requirements to show before applying for ILR. For example for under Tier 1E, you must have created/maintained two full time job during your extension period to be eligible for ILR.

Long residence ILR is simply based on continuous 10 years of lawful stay in the UK, you simply must have followed the rules and did not breach the conditions of your stay. For example of some part of the 10 years was spent under Tier 1E, you MUST not have been employed in that period or you must have invested or maintained the investment money. However you do not need to show you created jobs as this was not one the conditions of your stay.
Check conditions of your stay for each visa you held during that 10 years.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks Zimba the link condition of stay isn't working so can you please resend it.

I don't have any dependents so am I right in saying I should be using Set LR Form and not SET O form?

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Thanks Zimba the link condition of stay isn't working so can you please resend it.
It wasn't a link that zimba provided. He was merely emphasizing that you need to check that you met the conditions of each and every visa you have held.
I don't have any dependents so am I right in saying I should be using Set LR Form and not SET O form?
There is only one form for long residence ILR - Set(LR) regardless of whether you have dependents or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:58 pm

You can find conditions of stay for Tier 1E in the official Tier 1E guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur