ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) or SET (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LIZANAZ
Newly Registered

SET (O) or SET (LR)

Post by LIZANAZ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi Dear all,

I am one of the silent readers of this forum. My last post was Feb 2017 Topic uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/entreprene ... Over stay"

My application timeline is:

* Entrepreneur Ext in 18/03/2016 as Team.
* application was refused in 10/05/2016
* Admin Review in 28/07/2016.
* Fresh application in 19/08/2016 using 28 days grace period.
* My interview for second fresh application is in 08/02/2016.
Still waiting for the result which is more than one year now. My 10 years will be 20 January 2017. I am a bit worry as if my application is refused before 10 years I will be overstayer. So, my question is:

1) can I apply for 10 years route now OR any other application.
2) are SET (O) and SET (LR) similar.

Please give advice, I don't want to be overstayer and I have just few months to reach 10 years. Please suggest me the things to do.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (O) or SET (LR)

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:52 pm

You ARE an overstayer and you have been overstaying since your fresh application was submitted more than a year ago (your section 3C ended)
You also do not have 10 years of lawful residence as the section 3C ends on AR refusal.
You can only apply under long residence if your fresh application is successful, as the rules allow your period of overstaying to be disregarded towards ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:52 pm
You ARE an overstayer and you have been overstaying since your fresh application was submitted more than a year ago (your section 3C ended)
You also do not have 10 years of lawful residence as the section 3C ends on AR refusal.
You can only apply under long residence if your fresh application is successful, as the rules allow your period of overstaying to be disregarded towards ILR
I have added the link to the OPs topic and annoyingly, this was already advised by you and another user in February 2017
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LIZANAZ
Newly Registered

Post by LIZANAZ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Thanks for replying Zimba. Does it means I am not able to apply for 10 years route until I get the successfully decision from my Entrepreneur Ext application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm

LIZANAZ wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:38 pm
Thanks for replying Zimba. Does it means I am not able to apply for 10 years route until I get the successfully decision from my Entrepreneur Ext application?
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm
I have added the link to the OPs topic and annoyingly, this was already advised by you and another user in February 2017
oh well :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LIZANAZ
Newly Registered

Post by LIZANAZ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi dear,
Thanks for your reply. Please check the link https://www.freemovement.org.uk/oversta ... ing-leave/
I am a bit confused with this link. I may understand wrong, would you mind, please explain How I am overstayer. Reply will be appreciated, it helps me a lot.

Thanks a lot

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:58 pm

It is funny you provide a link that literally is discussing the last year changes to the 'grace period'.
The concept of grace period only applies to the overstayers (when section 3C ends).
Grace period simply means that you get X number of days (now it is 14 days, used to be 28 days) AFTER becoming an overstayer to only submit a valid application.
That does NOT change your status as an overstayer. This is clearly explained in the application from overstayers guide.

Section 3C: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Application from overstayers: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ers-v7.pdf

As you have no section 3C, your lawful residence therefore does not continue and you remain an overstayer until your fresh application is decided. You can ONLY AND ONLY apply under 10 year long residence if the fresh application is successful, as the immigration rules only allow the waiting overstaying period to be discarded AFTER your status becomes lawful again.