ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married To irish national for 3 years but lived in UK but want to apply for irish passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ntonyacool
Newly Registered

Married To irish national for 3 years but lived in UK but want to apply for irish passport

Post by ntonyacool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 pm

I was married to an Irish national in November 2014 and we have been living in England. BUt moved to Ireland last year July. I wanted to know what document I need to send when applying for the passport. I have a Gnib till 2020.

please advise me on what documents I need to help me get the passport.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Married To irish national for 3 years but lived in UK but want to apply for irish passport

Post by New on forum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 pm

ntonyacool wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 pm
I was married to an Irish national in November 2014 and we have been living in England. BUt moved to Ireland last year July. I wanted to know what document I need to send when applying for the passport. I have a Gnib till 2020.

You need to have 3 years of reckonsbke residence
To apply for naturalisation.
August 2019 I guess from what you have told.
During those 3 years you can't stay outside ireland for more than 6 weeks continuously.
And 12 month prior to application you must be resident in the state.

crisbella218
China

Re: Married To irish national for 3 years but lived in UK but want to apply for irish passport

Post by crisbella218 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 am

New on forum wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 pm
ntonyacool wrote:

During those 3 years you can't stay outside ireland for more than 6 weeks continuously.
Think your jumping ahead a bit. You will need to apply for naturalisation first before you get the passport.

As previous poster has said you need 3 years on the island of Ireland before you will even be considered for that.

Check the INIS website for details.

Good Luck.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:31 pm

you said you were married to an irish citz ? are you currently not?
if that is the case I think you should read the declaration section for spouse of irish citz

ntonyacool
Newly Registered

Post by ntonyacool » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:39 am

We married yes

ntonyacool
Newly Registered

Post by ntonyacool » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 am

crisbella218 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 am
New on forum wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 pm
ntonyacool wrote:

Think your jumping ahead a bit. You will need to apply for naturalisation first before you get the passport.

As previous poster has said you need 3 years on the island of Ireland before you will even be considered for that.

Check the INIS website for details.

Good Luck.

Thank you