ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP delivery team's mistake

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

linuslin1
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

BRP delivery team's mistake

Post by linuslin1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:20 pm

I have received the grant letter from home office on 05, September 2017. However, it has been 17 working days and I still have not received the BRP card. I called the DX carrier and they said they had returned the card to the Home Office on 13th September 2017 because the mail had no full address, just my postal code and my name. I know that the fully detailed home address was listed when I applied for the visa. It is unacceptable that the BRP delivery team made such a mistake where they posted a mail without a full address.

I waited until the 10th working day and reported on the gov.uk and then waited for another 2 working days to finally get a response from the delivery team just to be told that another 10 working days would be needed for them to repost it. I continued to try to find out the status of my mail but I just seemed to be ignored. I was hoping to get my BRP card to travel for my sister's wedding on 25th, how disappointing it is to not be able to attend this event.

I am writing this email because I cannot accept the mistake made by the BRP delivery team posting my BRP card without a full address; secondly, the attitude I experienced in dealing with my issue is unacceptable in my opinion. My card has been returned to the Home Office on 13th September, yet I have not received it back nor been contacted as to how the problem will be fixed. Their mistake has caused me big financial and spiritual losses.

It is possible that the BRP delivery team's professional abilities can be improved in future to avoid the mistake like this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP delivery team's mistake

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Make a complaint to HO.

We don't work for HO so unable to offer advice on 'improving' the service.

Also, no need to post multiple duplicate topics all of the different sub forums.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Acrellin
Newly Registered

Re: BRP delivery team's mistake

Post by Acrellin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi,

I received the approval letter and my BRP on 21 September 2017, but my son who is a co-applicant has not received his. It is my brother's wedding on the 9th and we are hoping to travel too. DX does not have a delivery for us and the UKVI can't tell if it is despatched or not. I am feeling lost. After all the money we pay, there has to be some response.

Anju