ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advertisment of job for Tier 2 Sponsorship (sponsoring existing worker)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wy67890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General (salary confusion)

Post by wy67890 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi Everyone

I am currently on tier 4 visa and just recently completed my masters .
My employer is applying for sponsorship license in order to sponsor me the only confusion we are having is the salary i have read on couple of universities website guidance for switching from tier 4 to tier 2 that a recent graduate switching from tier 4 to tier 2 can use starter salary (regardless of his age) which is £21,600 PBS Code of practice is 2421
my employer is offering £22,000.

But the issue is i couldn't find anything like that in any of UKBA guidance any help would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General (salary confusion)

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:01 pm

2421 Chartered and certified accountants Example job tasks
• plans and oversees implementation of accountancy system and policies;
• prepares financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies;
• audits accounts and book-keeping records;
• prepares tax returns, advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax official;
• conducts financial investigations concerning insolvency, fraud, possible mergers, etc.;
• evaluates financial information for management purposes;
• liaises with management and other professionals to compile budgets and other costs;
• prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews and financial forecasts;
• conducts investigations and advises management on financial
• aspects of productivity, stock holding, sales, new products, etc.

Related job titles:
• Accountant (qualified)
• Auditor (qualified)
• Chartered accountant
• Company accountant
• Cost accountant (qualified)
• Financial controller (qualified)
• Management accountant (qualified)

Salary rates:
New entrant: £21,000
Experienced worker: £29,000

[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2016]
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wy67890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Advertisment of job for Tier 2 Sponsorship (sponsoring existing worker)

Post by wy67890 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi

We were going to apply for tier 2 sponsorship license for one of our existing employee who is working part time with us and is currently on tier 4 visa successfully completed his masters.

We assume that he is exempt for RMLT test because he completed his degree and now we are hiring him as full time that is why we are applying for tier 2 sponsorship but we recently got told that even our employee is exempt from RMLT we still need to advertise the post for 28 days and if we don't do that UKBA will reject our application he quoted couple of recent example and his interaction with other solicitors.

We were in a bit of hurry to apply for sponsorship licence so I just wanted to know if any of you have an idea that do we really need to advertise the job first for 28 days regardless of our employee exempt from RMLT or not ?

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Advertisment of job for Tier 2 Sponsorship (sponsoring existing worker)

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 am

I personally believe that rlmt should not be required for the licence stage.
However, i have seen the initial compliance officer asking for one during the inspection stage.
I would suggest to start carrying out one now. There is no reason to tell them that u want to hire the graduate working for u.. If you do receive a visit, i believe u should say that u have tried recruiting in recent past but have struggled so have applied for licence as a back up and will do rlmt before hiring in future.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 am

I'd be interested in what the role is and my you feel the need to go to the trouble and expense of becoming a sponsor just for one person who you already know.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

wy67890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wy67890 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 am

iworker wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 am
I personally believe that rlmt should not be required for the licence stage.
However, i have seen the initial compliance officer asking for one during the inspection stage.
I would suggest to start carrying out one now. There is no reason to tell them that u want to hire the graduate working for u.. If you do receive a visit, i believe u should say that u have tried recruiting in recent past but have struggled so have applied for licence as a back up and will do rlmt before hiring in future.
yes that what i think but then we need to tell them the reason why we need sponsorship license because we are hiring our existing employee for a full time role.
If we say we have tried recruiting then wouldn't they ask for the proof of it .
Wanderer wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 am
I'd be interested in what the role is and my you feel the need to go to the trouble and expense of becoming a sponsor just for one person who you already know.
we are an accountancy firm and our employee who was managing most of the clients left the job and the person in question was assistant to that employee and now he is managing most of the clients and know about there work and managing quite nicely that is why we are going to that to trouble and expense to sponsor him because the benefits to firm outweigh the cost.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 pm

if they come for a initial visit, u do not have to tell them that you are going to hire the individual working there right now.
IMO, there is a skill shortage in accountancy expertise.. But your company needs to prove they are operational as a proper company with a HR monitoring system, etc.. which most accountancy firms lack

wy67890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wy67890 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 pm

iworker wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 pm
if they come for a initial visit, u do not have to tell them that you are going to hire the individual working there right now.
IMO, there is a skill shortage in accountancy expertise.. But your company needs to prove they are operational as a proper company with a HR monitoring system, etc.. which most accountancy firms lack
I mean when you apply for sponsorship license at that time you need to tell them why are you applying for that license and if you already identified the person then you need to give them there details and how you find that person.

I am just confused that do we need to advertise for that post before submitting the sponsorship license i am being in every case we need to advertise the post before submitting sponsorship license.