ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) application returned invalid due to fees issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

FLR (M) application returned invalid due to fees issue

Post by imi99999 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 pm

All
Question on behalf of my friend.
FLR (M) extension application submitted of his wife, but fees was blocked by the bank due to fraud concerns and Home office sent me letter to pay, i filled slip with payment details again, not knowing that bank has blocked payment.
Last week got letter that application will not be decider with in standard time of 6 months as we are unable to collect fees. I contacted my bank, I was informed that transaction was blocked due to account security measures in place and this transaction was deemed as fraudulent due to the large amount which is not normal with this account.

Few days later, Home office returned application as invalid with no right to appeal and advised to leave the country as she is over stayer now as current leave to remain expired more than 28 days ago.

Today i have got another letter asking to contact UKBA enforcement on 12th of November.
I am not sure how to progress forward, I am a naturalised citizen and my son was born British national as well
Any advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) application returned invalid due to fees issue

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 pm

FLR(FP) 10 year partner route application perhaps.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:43 pm

You have to pick up the issue with the Home Office that this was not your fault. You must also raise it at the highest level with your bank, that if they have issues with fraudulent transaction, they do not decline to process it, but contact you first.

In any event a person will not make a fraudulent transaction with an HOme Office fee payment, when they can easily be traced.

I really believe you ought to have taken the matter seriously, and take action to prevent it from happening, when the Home Office gave you the 10 days opportunity to resolve the payment matter.

You ought to have gone to the bottom of it, or used alternative payment method.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Thanks for replies
How can he pickup this issue with Home office and what forum should he use. He has approached his bank who are issuing him their official letter confirming the fact that he had funds available but the transaction was blocked. Awaiting letter.

Should he reapply FLR(M) again and then attend Enforcement office?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Do you have kids.

Why was the issue not taken up with the bank, you have to challenge the bank.

When the returned the first application for lack of payment, some steps should have been taken to resolve the matter and prevent repetition.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Yes he has a child, British Citizen.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi sorry
As I mentioned in my initial post that this is an inquiry on behalf of my friend and I have just called him to get further information and he stated
" I have 2 daughters both British Citizen" when I asked that why he didn't take any action when first time payment was declined He stated " I did not know that bank has put block on this transaction and I thought I might have filled wrong card details therfore I filled up the same card details and posted it back, my account had more than enough money to coverify this payment "

He has also asked bank to give him in writing, which they are sending him letter by post which can take a week.

Now where can he challenge this decision as not his fault