ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - RMLT Screenshots, COS processing times, and SOC Codes. HELP!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raexxja1
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 2 - RMLT Screenshots, COS processing times, and SOC Codes. HELP!

Post by raexxja1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello all,

I am hoping someone on here may be able to provide assistance. There are three parts to my query.

I am an Australian who is currently on a tier 2 general visa, and looking to change employers.

1) I have had three companies (all of whom are tier 2 Grade A sponsors) invite me back for second interviews, and are very interested in making an offer. Before they can do so, they need to conduct a RMLT to ensure there are no suitable resident candidates.

One of these (the one I really want!) is halfway through their RMLT, and have only had a couple of unqualified candidates apply thus far (none have the specified masters qualification nor required skillset). However, the employer did not take the screenshot on the day of posting; instead, a few days later. Whilst I appreciate that the Home Office must see dates to ensure the 28 day posting period, I have also read that if the advertising websites clearly show the date the ad is published ( such as on Indeed and Universal Jobmatch), then the screenshot need not be taken on the first day of posting. Could anyone please confirm?

2) Very annoyingly (as it's jeopardising this whole process), I am going back to Australia for 3 weeks at the end of October (as my mother is very unwell, and I have my best friends wedding, hence not going is not an option).Pending the above RMLT being valid and no other suitable candidates applying, the RMLT would complete on the 20th October ( A Friday.) Would the company be able to apply for my unrestricted COS the Monday morning (23rd Oct), and if so, how long would it take to be issued to me? I've heard for an unrestricted COS it's only a matter of minutes. The reason for wanting this is that I am hoping (veryyyy optimistically) that I could send off my VISA application that day, and book in for a premium same day application either that afternoon, or the next morning (although I do need to be at Heathrow for 1pm, so this a massive longshot!) Failing that, am I able to send my VISA application off whilst in Australia, and book my same day premium appointment in the UK for the day of my return on the 14th November? The employer would want me to start ASAP, and so I need to give notice either the day I leave for my holiday, or whilst away.

3) My main duties are business development related - however, other aspects of the role do not fall under the SOC code I am looking at. I am assuming that so long as my core duties are part of the SOC code, then it's still applicable?

Sorry for the long post, but as I am sure most of you have experienced, it's all the stress making me :? :shock: :|

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 - RMLT Screenshots, COS processing times, and SOC Codes. HELP!

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Why are you in a rush to change employer? If you are still on tier 2 with a valid visa and no imminent threat to your job, then you can go enjoy your holiday and then come back to handle the change of employer thing. It is not a good idea to resign when you don't have the new visa (so resigning while away might not be nice if all you have is COS assigned to you)

I understand you want to use your holiday as your notice period so you can start with the new employer as soon as possible. Change of employment is not always straightforward especially when RLMT is required as things could go wrong easily. There is also the issue of preselection in cases where the job advert has been designed to suit you and exclude others. For example, requesting for a specific Master degree that is not common could trigger investigation especially if you are the only applicant with the qualification. Moreover,
how did you know that the people that applied didn't have the right qualification?. The application could be subjected to thorough scrutiny if the caseworker senses any sign of preselection.

Many people have had a smooth change of sponsor (as long as the due process is followed) and you could too. I am only telling you that you might need more time than you think to make the change.

if you can get the application done before you travel, fine. if not, go and enjoy your holiday and then come back to handle it.

All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:33 am

Let's say that nobody even applied for the role, allocating COS on the day after advert expires will be suspicious as ideally, you are not meant to be considered until after the expiry date of the advert. How will you now prove that you were not pre-selected?

I will advise you go for your holiday and apply when you come back.

With regard to the screenshot taken days after, this should not be a problem as the posting date is usually visible.

raexxja1
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by raexxja1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Thank you both for your reply.

Good to know RE - screenshots, that's what I was hoping to hear!

As for the rush - it's two fold: this is a too good of an opportunity to miss, and because of this 3 week trip and where it falls within the timeline of this process, it pushes back my start date until January which I'm worried would see my application/ potential offer retracted. I'm also incredibly miserable at my current job!

Thanks for pointing out timing regarding the issuing of a CoS. This is duly noted.

As for the masters, it's not unusual to have for the industry I am in, but it's still niche, hence the lack of applications with this. From my experience with a previous RMLT (for my current position), people just go for jobs way above their remit. Eg There was a 'professional coin collector' and a truck driver applying for a position requiring extensive industry experience and a degree in the relevant field....

There's limited talent in the area I am working, although as I said, it crosses over two SOC codes, which is a causing confusing.

Thank you again for your replies.