ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I make a permenant residence application outside the UK? (Divorced Non EEA)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marco1
Newly Registered

Can I make a permenant residence application outside the UK? (Divorced Non EEA)

Post by Marco1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi All

My PR application is refused because I didn't provide ex-wife's passport. I can submit new application or appeal but I need to go back home for family reasons. If anyone knows, please advise me. Can I apply for a permanent residence document outside the UK? Has anyone applied? Thanks.

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Re: Can I make a permenant residence application outside the UK? (Divorced Non EEA)

Post by jay.ho » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi can you expline when you apply for PR application and did you provide photocopy of your ex id also did you explain the valid reason why you didn't provide the id ???

Jay

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Re: Can I make a permenant residence application outside the UK? (Divorced Non EEA)

Post by jay.ho » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Marco1 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 pm
Hi All

My PR application is refused because I didn't provide ex-wife's passport. I can submit new application or appeal but I need to go back home for family reasons. If anyone knows, please advise me. Can I apply for a permanent residence document outside the UK? Has anyone applied? Thanks.
And you said your divorced have you applied for retain rights of residence??

007RAHEEL
United Kingdom

Post by 007RAHEEL » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Marco1 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 pm
Hi All

I don’t think so you can apply outside uk unfortunately if you have appeal right make sure you appeal the decision ASAP.
As jay ho mention in his post. Kindly explain what documents you have supplied with your application and did you give any reason for not supplying original id.also it will be easy for everyone if you type word to word refusal statement.

Marco1
Newly Registered

Post by Marco1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:15 am

Jay.ho and 007Raheel. I applied - 15th May. I provided a photocopy of ex-wife's passport but didn't explain why I can't provide her passport unless a lawyer added something. My divorce was finalised after I have been married more than 5 years. The lawyer said I can apply for PR, don't need to apply for ROR. I can't type word by word because I haven't seen the refusal letter yet. The lawyer called me, told the reason why my application was refused.

007RAHEEL
United Kingdom

Post by 007RAHEEL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 am

Marco1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:15 am
Jay.ho and 007Raheel. I applied - 15th May. I provided a photocopy of ex-wife's passport but didn't explain why I can't provide her passport unless a lawyer added something. My divorce was finalised after I have been married more than 5 years. The lawyer said I can apply for PR, don't need to apply for ROR. I can't type word by word because I haven't seen the refusal letter yet. The lawyer called me, told the reason why my application was refused.
Ask your solicitor to email you the refusal letter copy. It’s better to appeal if you go for new application they refuse you again for the same reason.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:25 am

REGULATION 12(3)(a) and (b) provides for an EEA family permit to be issued to a family member who has retained the right of Residence or who has permanent Right of Residence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Marco1
Newly Registered

Post by Marco1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:25 am
REGULATION 12(3)(a) and (b) provides for an EEA family permit to be issued to a family member who has retained the right of Residence or who has permanent Right of Residence.
Thanks Obie.

007RAHEEL
United Kingdom

Post by 007RAHEEL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Marco1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:15 am
You had your refusal letter ?