ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India - Entry Visa (Spouse of Indian)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TalitaZ

India - Entry Visa (Spouse of Indian)

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with the following.
I am a passport holder of The Netherlands but live in the UK. My husband is Indian, we got married 4 months ago. My current Visa for India (multi entry tourist visa) will expire in November so I will apply for a new Visa soon.

As far as I am aware I should apply for an Entry (X) Visa as I'm now married to an Indian national.
I spoke to a Visa agent in UK who said that I won't be able to apply for this Visa from the UK, as I am a Dutch passport holder, I would have to be married for at least 2 years before being eligible for an Entry Visa. They advised me I can only apply for a 1 year Tourist Visa again.
I think they are confused with the OCI, which is what I told them, but they insist this is what the High Commission of India told them.

I know that applying from The Netherlands would be no problem and I can apply for a 5 year Entry Visa. (they may not grant 5 years but the option is there)
Also, Dutch nationals are eligible for 5 year Tourist Visa which is also conflicting with what the UK based Visa agent told me, they said the max I can get is 1 year. They insist this information was given to them by officials and claiming the rules are different applying from UK.

This all sound incorrect to me. Anyone have experience with this?
I'm inclined to apply from The Netherlands (I still have a registered address there) but applying from UK would be much easier as I live here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Talita