ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for PBS Dependent: continuous 5 year period calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wraithstrike
Newly Registered

ILR for PBS Dependent: continuous 5 year period calculation

Post by wraithstrike » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently on a PBS Dependent VISA.

My husband had an employer-sponsored Tier 2 when I entered the UK and he has since then become a naturalised British Citizen. During the changes to his visa and citizenship status, my visa category has remained unchanged (PBS Dependent), I have just had the validity period extended twice.

I am now considering applying for ILR and my question is specifically focused on the calculation of 5 year qualifying period. My first PBS dependent visa was valid from 28-AUG-2012 to 28-OCT-2013. However, I entered UK for the first time on 23-DEC-2012 (i.e. after 117 days, which is less than the allowable absence of 180 days)

I am unclear whether I should calculate my 5 years from 28-AUG-2012 or from 23-DEC-2012. I have seen the amended guidance (v13, published 25-APR-2016, https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ds-v13.pdf) which mentions that the gap between date of approval and date of entry can be included towards annual 180 day allowance, however, page 2 of the guidance doesn't explicitly list DEPENDENT VISA as one of the applicable categories but neither have I seen an explicit refusal to consider it on the 'Freedom of Information' queries.

Has anyone applying under DEPENDENT VISA successfully managed to include their gap period in their application? Any advice will be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for PBS Dependent: continuous 5 year period calculat

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm

For PBS Dependents, it is counted from the date of ENTRY to the UK. You will qualify for ILR no sooner than 28 days before 23 December 2017.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jyopav126
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for PBS Dependent: continuous 5 year period calculation

Post by jyopav126 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:48 pm

wraithstrike wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 pm
Hello everyone,

I am currently on a PBS Dependent VISA.

My husband had an employer-sponsored Tier 2 when I entered the UK and he has since then become a naturalised British Citizen. During the changes to his visa and citizenship status, my visa category has remained unchanged (PBS Dependent), I have just had the validity period extended twice.

I am now considering applying for ILR and my question is specifically focused on the calculation of 5 year qualifying period. My first PBS dependent visa was valid from 28-AUG-2012 to 28-OCT-2013. However, I entered UK for the first time on 23-DEC-2012 (i.e. after 117 days, which is less than the allowable absence of 180 days)

I am unclear whether I should calculate my 5 years from 28-AUG-2012 or from 23-DEC-2012. I have seen the amended guidance (v13, published 25-APR-2016, https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ds-v13.pdf) which mentions that the gap between date of approval and date of entry can be included towards annual 180 day allowance, however, page 2 of the guidance doesn't explicitly list DEPENDENT VISA as one of the applicable categories but neither have I seen an explicit refusal to consider it on the 'Freedom of Information' queries.

Has anyone applying under DEPENDENT VISA successfully managed to include their gap period in their application? Any advice will be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
Hi wraithstrike,
Can you please update your status, as my dependents are also in similar situation. Have you applied for ILR or are you waiting to apply in december?

Thanks and Regards,
Jyopav

rpampana
Newly Registered
India

Post by rpampana » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm
For PBS Dependents, it is counted from the date of ENTRY to the UK. You will qualify for ILR no sooner than 28 days before 23 December 2017.
Hi CR001,

Could you please provide relevant guidance in this case?

What if the main applicant and PBS dependent apply together and both have an entry gap? Will the PBS dependent's entry gap does not count towards continuous residency?

Thanks,
RP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 am

rpampana wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:53 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm
Hi CR001,

Could you please provide relevant guidance in this case?

What if the main applicant and PBS dependent apply together and both have an entry gap? Will the PBS dependent's entry gap does not count towards continuous residency?

Thanks,
RP.
You should start your own topic with your questions to avoid confusion in other members' topic. PBS dependent residence starts counting from date of entry to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.