ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b4r1786

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by b4r1786 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 pm

I have heard from a relative who applied in May priority that got a rejection. Apparently no reason was given in the rejection letter but I've asked for more info.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi Christ-Believer

I have also been waiting since January 2017.

Hal6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hal6 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:51 pm

Quick question,

When a decision gets made, who gets told? The sponsor or the applicant?

sol2uk
Newly Registered

Post by sol2uk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:19 am

Waiting since Dec 2016.

Got 31st Oct email also. Honestly, I have lost trust in believing what the HO says. God willing, we will all receive the good news we have been patiently waiting for - the stress is at times unbearable.

Congratulations to other forum members on getting their visas!

[1quote=Christ-Believer post_id=1543602 time=1507044819 user_id=177820]
How many people are waiting from January 2017 and earlier?

So far I have counted 3 including myself.
[/quote]

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:25 am

The applicant will be contacted by the visa centre to collect there Documents/Passport via text/phone/email.
An email is also sent out by UKVI to the email address provided in the application stating that a decision has been made but in some casss as I have read in this thread in earlier posts some have not received any emails of decision being made and only have been contacted by the visa centre.

cinnamonbee
Newly Registered

Post by cinnamonbee » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:25 am

My application was submitted in January but biometrics was in the first week of February.
I got a "not straightforward" email in April and a "hold" email in May. Aaand nothing since then.
We've not contacted them a lot as they've discouraged it. In August we enquired and the Abu Dhabi office told us it was still processing. We have contacted the relevant MP though.
No 31st October email.

I pray Allah makes a way for all of us.

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 am

Hi i applied priority spouse visa mid sept 2017 and i got my supporting docs sent back to me 2 weeks after i sent them to Sheffield just awaiting decision inshallah ohh by the way i have not received the 31st Oct 2017 email that everyone has been sent.

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 am

Hello fellow UK settlement visa applicants, my daughter's and my visa were approved today! I received both 'Case not straightforward' and 'Sort it by 31st Oct' emails. The wait was excruciating as you all know but that's one less application for the UKVI to mull over now. I wish the rest of you a speedy visa approval! :)

Settlement visa (Standard):
Online Application : 23/05/2017
Biometrics enrolled at VFS Chennai, India: 25/05/2017
Application acknowledgement by UKVI on : 22/06/2017
Document sent to UKVI Sheffield on : 01/06/2017
Document Received from UKVI Sheffield on : NOT YET
Sponsor contacted by UKVI - NO
Interview done by UKVI: NO
Emailed for status enquiry : A couple of times after our 12 weeks were up.
Telephone enquiry for status update: Our case was escalated twice.
Contacted with 'decision made' : 03/10/17 - SMS sent to applicant and email sent to sponsor in the UK.
Collection Made: Passports delivered to applicant's residence on 04/10/17.
Decision of Application: Visa approved. One month vignette visa granted.

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 am

Arsalan28 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 am
Hi i applied priority spouse visa mid sept 2017 and i got my supporting docs sent back to me 2 weeks after i sent them to Sheffield just awaiting decision inshallah ohh by the way i have not received the 31st Oct 2017 email that everyone has been sent.
I applied beginning september 2017 too and they sent my supporting documents back in 2 weeks . Ive also not received the 31st October email

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 am

And also there's no order of processing applications.
brother88 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:50 pm
yes, to me it sounds like they knew more and more people were going to share their stories with the media so they sent this out before the next wave of negative articles went online. If they sent out the email just to mess with peoples heads then i don't even know what to say about a person who is like this...
ak80 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am
brother88 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 am
Now the reason for the 31 October mass emails has become clear...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41096675
So this mean they just make their hands clean and giving us a hope for no reason.

I'm waiting since Jan 2017

jm23
Newly Registered

Post by jm23 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 am

Is there anyone else on here that has got word that a decision has been made on their application on or after the 25th September, if so have you received an email about collecting you documents, they said on the 25th September that a decision had been made but they can't discuss it over the phone to email and that we would be contacted soon to collect the documents but haven't heard anything so just wondering if anyone else has heard anything and how long it take between the decision being made and the document ready to be collected.

Hope everyone get their decisions soon.

Femlij
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Femlij » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am

LilyY wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 am
Hello fellow UK settlement visa applicants, my daughter's and my visa were approved today! I received both 'Case not straightforward' and 'Sort it by 31st Oct' emails. The wait was excruciating as you all know but that's one less application for the UKVI to mull over now. I wish the rest of you a speedy visa approval! :)

Contacted with 'decision made' : 03/10/17 - SMS sent to applicant and email sent to sponsor in the UK.
Congratulations.. We are still waiting and hope we all get the good news.

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Femlij wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am
LilyY wrote:

Thanks Femlij :) You will get good news, I think there may be a little truth to the '31st Oct' email after all. Also, I received my visa two weeks after my status changed from 'Complete' to 'In Active' on the Visa4UK website so the change does mean something. Good luck!

jahan786
Newly Registered

Post by jahan786 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Femlij wrote:
LilyY wrote:

hi Many congrats for your and your daughter visa ? could you tell me please did you pay ihs fee for your daughter ? if yes how .. did you get email to pay the fee for your daughter.. as far as i know online application system have error it doesnt take IHS fee online .. most of people get email after 2 months to pay ihs fee for children.. could you explain it please .. as i am in the same boat .. waiting from 18th may 2017 . but no straight forward email or pay ihs for child .. just got email about decision before 31st october 2017 .. thanks

Hal6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hal6 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I got this email today. Can anyone tell me what it means exactly? Is this the normal 'not straightforward' email that people get? Its 10 weeks this Friday from my biometrics date and I paid priority. Is this email a way of them trying to cover themselves of me not asking the priority fee back? I escalated the case last week and I'm assuming this email is in response to this. Does this mean I won't get a decision before 12 weeks?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

jahan786
Newly Registered

Post by jahan786 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Hal6 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm
Hi everyone,

I got this email today. Can anyone tell me what it means exactly? Is this the normal 'not straightforward' email that people get? Its 10 weeks this Friday from my biometrics date and I paid priority. Is this email a way of them trying to cover themselves of me not asking the priority fee back? I escalated the case last week and I'm assuming this email is in response to this. Does this mean I won't get a decision before 12 weeks?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

dont worry it is just a regular email they send most of people after 12 weeks . so they can have bit more time to sort out application.. i would say every one should claim back priority service money after getting visa .. :) if your application is not processed within 12 weeks. cheers

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:19 pm

jm23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 am
Is there anyone else on here that has got word that a decision has been made on their application on or after the 25th September, if so have you received an email about collecting you documents, they said on the 25th September that a decision had been made but they can't discuss it over the phone to email and that we would be contacted soon to collect the documents but haven't heard anything so just wondering if anyone else has heard anything and how long it take between the decision being made and the document ready to be collected.

I've received my documents back from Sheffield on Monday. My 12 weeks from Biometrics (non-priority case) are up tomorrow. According to my solicitor, the HO sending my documents back at this stage ie. near 12 weeks instead of much earlier in the claim means they've made a decision and will be contact my wife to collect her passport. My solicitor believes the visa has been approved and it's only a matter of days before my wife is contacted. I have not had any email or update to confirm a decision has been made and my GWF number is still not recognised on the status update on the HO website. I will let everyone know when I hear any further.

Hal6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hal6 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm

jahan786 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:46 pm
Hal6 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Kind Regards,

dont worry it is just a regular email they send most of people after 12 weeks . so they can have bit more time to sort out application.. i would say every one should claim back priority service money after getting visa .. :) if your application is not processed within 12 weeks. cheers

This thing is, I'm not even on 10 weeks yet and they've still sent this email. Isn't that a bit weird? How long do most people get a decision after they receive this email, does anyone know?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Hal6 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm
jahan786 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:46 pm
Hal6 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Kind Regards,

This thing is, I'm not even on 10 weeks yet and they've still sent this email. Isn't that a bit weird? How long do most people get a decision after they receive this email, does anyone know?
Hi
I got this information from ukvi site. If they send an email like that they can take up to 24 weeks to process your application.and it depends on the case. It can be shorter as well.

"If we can’t make a decision within the service standards
If there is a problem with your application or if it is complex, we will write to explain why it will not be decided within the normal standard. We will write within the normal processing time for the 8 week standard and within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard. The letter will explain what will happen next." (Taken from ukvi site)

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 pm

jahan786 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 pm
Femlij wrote:
LilyY wrote:

hi Many congrats for your and your daughter visa ? could you tell me please did you pay ihs fee for your daughter ? if yes how .. did you get email to pay the fee for your daughter.. as far as i know online application system have error it doesnt take IHS fee online .. most of people get email after 2 months to pay ihs fee for children.. could you explain it please .. as i am in the same boat .. waiting from 18th may 2017 . but no straight forward email or pay ihs for child .. just got email about decision before 31st october 2017 .. thanks
Hi Jahan786,

Yes you're right, there is something wrong with their system as it excludes applicants under 18 for IHS payment during the initial application. But we received a mail from UKVI after our 12 week wait, accepting the system error and they provided a link where we could make the payment for my daughter. Don't worry, I think you will receive the mail when your case officer gets to your file and realises there is a child who's IHS hasn't been paid. Hope this helps :)

Lifeisadream
United Kingdom

Post by Lifeisadream » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Misskatie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:47 pm
Hi all. Quick update.

My Peruvian parnter applied in Lima in April. Hold email received In May. At the beginning of September the embassy Called me to advise they didn’t recieve my income documents and I had 10 days to send them. Sent them on September 5th. Today the embassy Called me asking when my parnter intends to travel. I asked if this means it’s been approved and she said yes! So. They are processing hold applications, just painfully slowly. Good luck to everyone still waiting
Hi Misskatie, did you get a decision yet and did you receive the 31st October email. I also applied on April and recieved the hold email on July.

karachi76
Newly Registered

Post by karachi76 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:21 pm

jm23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 am

our decision made on 22nd September but haven't heard anything, called them today and same answer again that you will get email or txt from VFS any day.

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:36 pm

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 am
Arsalan28 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 am
I applied beginning september 2017 too and they sent my supporting documents back in 2 weeks . Ive also not received the 31st October email
I know same here keep me posted if you get any sort of response thanks

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Is anyone aware when the status on visa website changes from complete to in active as my it has been over 2 weeks since i submitted my mrs application and it still states complete as application status whenever i login. Thanks

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:53 pm

31 October email:

27 days to go