ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant - Surname Change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

burakstore
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 2 Dependant - Surname Change

Post by burakstore » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi,

My wife has Tier 2 visa. We have recently got married in Turkey and she has turned back to the UK. She still holds her surname but my surname also has added to her name.

Now, I am going to apply for dependant visa. We don't want to wait for passport & BRP change because according to my researches, those are gonna take almost 2-3 months.

If I apply it without those changes and we explain it in the cover letter kindly, will they reject me?

Or do you have any idea what can I do in this situation? I don't want to wait 2 months too.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant - Surname Change

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm

There is no legal requirement for her to change her passport or BRP. BUT, if she changes her passport she must change her BRP.

Should have no effect on your application as you have the marriage cert and you can briefly explain in a letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

burakstore
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by burakstore » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 am

Thank you very much!

How about changing marital status on police? Should she change it before we apply?

burakstore
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by burakstore » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm

burakstore wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 am
How about changing marital status on police? Should she change it before we apply?
Any idea?