ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa issued after latest start date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

holu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Tier 4 visa issued after latest start date

Post by holu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello all, I sincerely need your advice on this.

I just received notification that my passport is ready for pick up at the visa application center. Unfortunately, my university has refused to extend the latest start date further than Monday 2nd October 2017.

I believe that my visa is granted as I have a clean and good immigration history that covers over 10 years.

As the latest start date is past, please what are my options:

Is there any chance of me being able to still travel to UK even as my latest start date has passed.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 visa issued after latest start date

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 pm

holu wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm
Is there any chance of me being able to still travel to UK even as my latest start date has passed.
No. Your university will have reported you as a no-show and your visa will be cancelled.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 pm

holu wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm
Hello all, I sincerely need your advice on this.

I just received notification that my passport is ready for pick up at the visa application center. Unfortunately, my university has refused to extend the latest start date further than Monday 2nd October 2017.

I believe that my visa is granted as I have a clean and good immigration history that covers over 10 years.

As the latest start date is past, please what are my options:

You should request to Head of Admissions to allow you and request a letter from them. They should allow you as all the sponsors know the delay in Visas this year so giving an extra week if the visa is approved would be no harm. It should be fine.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 pm
It should be fine.
Based on what? OP has already said that

Unfortunately, my university has refused to extend the latest start date further than Monday 2nd October 2017.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:02 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 pm
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 pm
It should be fine.
Based on what? OP has already said that

Unfortunately, my university has refused to extend the latest start date further than Monday 2nd October 2017.
2nd October was 2 days ago. That time his University was not sure how long more it is gonna take and if the visa would be approved or not.

Now if the visas is approved he can request again to Head of International Admissions who should be aware of the delay all international students faced and would allow. I have got one friend who have asked a week extra and they denied but after the visas got approved yesterday he emailed the International Admissions and they send him a letter within 4 hrs and he's on the flight right now.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:41 am

He can ask, but it sounds like he already did.