ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship through marriage, what documents should I include in the application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ntonyacool
Newly Registered

Irish Citizenship through marriage, what documents should I include in the application?

Post by ntonyacool » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:17 pm

I want to apply for my Irish citizenship in 2019, I want to start collecting documents. I saw a part that I need to include documents claimed for each year. Does that mean for me and my wife or just me alone? apart from the ones they need 3 months before we apply.

After I apply do I need to keep sending them documents to show am still living in the state and living together?

Please advice.

water_tank1
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship through marriage, what documents should I include in the application?

Post by water_tank1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm

I will be doing the exact thing in mid 2019.

Just have to wait for time to go by .....

omarel
Palestine

Re: Irish Citizenship through marriage, what documents should I include in the application?

Post by omarel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 pm

ntonyacool wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:17 pm
I want to apply for my Irish citizenship in 2019, I want to start collecting documents. I saw a part that I need to include documents claimed for each year. Does that mean for me and my wife or just me alone? apart from the ones they need 3 months before we apply.

After I apply do I need to keep sending them documents to show am still living in the state and living together?

Please advice.
It means you alone but much better if you supply wife documents along for both 3 years and months before applying.

You don't need to send much documents while you wait but they will check if you live here, pay tax (work) and other related info

ntonyacool
Newly Registered

Post by ntonyacool » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:24 pm

after I have applied or before cause I didn't work during 2016.

Bettyob
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bettyob » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Seems I’ll be doing the same thing. Was thinking of applying earlier as I’d read that it could a year for a decision. But it’s apparently better to wait until the 3 years residency has passed as most applications based of Irish associations or Irish marriage get rejected due to the residency. :(