ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is London open for Business? - Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Endless Wait

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Minnzzy
India

Is London open for Business? - Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Endless Wait

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm

The Mayor of London says London is open for Business but in reality is it actually ?? Its just closing its doors if they treat genuine entrepreneurs like this. This is really very frustrating.

Dont know how effective it would be if we all write or start a discussion in Talk London #London is open for business - Promoting London on the Mayor of London's website about investing in London or tweeting about it ? Would it help after all its all down to social media these days to get the attention?

Senior Members what is your opinion on this ? Will this help if you have any past experience about this ?

Writing to the MP does not help, instead got the same reply - to wait which we are anyway doing. Its been over a month after the interview and still no response from the Home office. We are just stuck with no choice,too much stress and anxiety, no passport. Have invested all our life's savings, uprooted oneself and now cant expand, cant introduce new processes, unless there is some certainty about our life. Dealing with so much stress is definitely ruining our health. I agree with someone who wrote that they should judge our genuine before granting us the visa in the first place not after all the investments have been done.

Gurus, Please advise the best way forward apart from patience and staying calm.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Is London open for Business? - Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Endless Wait

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 pm

A similar topic was discussed a couple of days ago.
“Case against HO”
which has now been locked by the moderators.

Someone suggested about making a complaint. You can read the above mentioned topic for more details.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/case-again ... 40444.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:29 pm

All one can do is get passport back and leave the country. Its been 1 year after my interview and i am still waiting.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 pm

I am the same. One year passed from the interview and still nothing. I even have not received any complex letter!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 pm

zamaha wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:55 pm
I am the same. One year passed from the interview and still nothing. I even have not received any complex letter!
Was that skype interview?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:39 am

Since home office has started deciding overseas applications in UK, they have a huge backlog.
I know many people who are on entrepreneur and other categories as well and they waiting since last 18 months.
Contacting mp after every month and home affairs committee can expedite the procrsss.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:21 am

Momi wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:39 am
Since home office has started deciding overseas applications in UK, they have a huge backlog.
I know many people who are on entrepreneur and other categories as well and they waiting since last 18 months.
Contacting mp after every month and home affairs committee can expedite the procrsss.
On another thread, a member stated that his/her MP said that the Government has told them not to write letters to the HO, and the only question they can ask is if the case has been assigned to a caseworker.

I will try to find the link to the thread.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:23 am

The thread referred to in my post above is this one:

general-uk-immigration-forum/look-at-bb ... t#p1543662