ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Numidian
Newly Registered

Moving to Spain

Post by Numidian » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 am

Hi everyone, my question is : My wife is Spanish we got married in the U.K and I got a residence permit here but we are planing to move to Spain in the near future, do I need to apply for residence permit in Spain as well or not ? Do I lose my uk resident permit if I stay for long time in Spain ? Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Moving to Spain

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:55 am

Numidian wrote:Do I lose my uk resident permit if I stay for long time in Spain ?
Your UK Residence Permit loses validity if either you stay out of the UK for more than six months in a year OR your Spanish wife stops exercising treaty rights in the UK.
Numidian wrote:do I need to apply for residence permit in Spain as well or not ?
Yes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

PineradelOlmo
BANNED
Mood:
Spain

Re: Moving to Spain

Post by PineradelOlmo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 am

Hello,

Our website is xxxxxxx and my email is xxxxxxxx

Many thanks.

Moderator edit: If you want to remain on the forum, I suggest you read the Board Ts&Cs, which you were required to do when you registered. The posting of website addresses and contact emails is not permitted and have been removed from this post.